Sunday 15 April 2012

French Foliage

I had some time this weekend to use the sketch from Sketch Frenzy Friday to make a card.  Here's the sketch I worked with:

And here is my card, using French Foliage and lots of sponging:

I really think my favorite cards to make are masculine, which I know is unusual.  Maybe it's because I don't have to fuss with them too much.  Of course it helps that my favorite colors are those that are traditionally used for masculine cards.

Products used:

Stamps:  French Foliage; Something to Celebrate; Very Vintage Jumbo Wheel
Cardstock:  Early Espresso; Always Artichoke; Cherry Cobbler; Crumb Cake
Ink:  Early Espresso; Always Artichoke; Cherry Cobbler; Crumb Cake; Basic Black
Accessories:  Sponges; Linen Thread; Mini Library Clip

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Love the colors!!! Great job!

craftystamper said...

Ah, French Foliage - one of my favourite stamp sets. You did a marvelous job with the sketch. Thank you for joining us at SFF this week

Sharon Wheet said...

I have seen some great cards created with this stamp set, and I have to say that you have really created a fabulous card! I love your coo age stamping and the rustic embellishments! Great job!
thank you for playing along with us @ SFF.

Kim S said...

Lovely colors!! Perfect use of this stamp set! I love the touch of twine and the library clip.

Deb said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors you used here! All your elements make it perfect for any father!! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

inkedx2 said...

This is a fabulous Father's Day card! Love the colors and it is very masculine feeling. Thanks for playing with us this week at Sketch Frenzy Friday.

Patrice Herrera said...

I love the warm colors you choose for this great masculine card. The leaves are a perfect compliment to it
.

Christine Blain said...

Masculine cards are my favourite, too. I LOVE the colours you've used on this card, Karren.