Monday 9 July 2012

Inspired By Nature

I didn't get a chance to stamp over the weekend as it was my son's 10th birthday and he had a sleepover for his birthday.  Oh joy!  Actually, the boys were very well behaved but they still need adult supervision so the stamping had to take a back seat.  Luckily, I have a week's annual leave from work, so I get some stamping time anyway.

Here is my card for this week's Freshly Made Sketch challenge.


I pulled out Inspired by Nature and after stamping it in white on black, I colored it using Stampin' Pastels.  Without checking, I think this is the Black Magic technique?  I also used some new dies I got the other week - love the intricacy of these dies.  The main image is popped up on Dimensionals.  (Excuse all the little white flecks on the photo - they aren't on the card, so I think my lens may need a clean.)

Here's the sketch:


Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):

Stamps:  Inspired by Nature
Cardstock:  Basic Black; Old Olive; Tangerine Tango
Ink:  Whisper White Craft
Accessories:  Stampin' Pastels; Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork and Piestra Tile Dies

Cheers
Karren


4 comments:

Jen Sannes said...

This card is gorgeous, and I love how you used this technique. Your cone flowers look almost 3-D! Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty, Karren! I love your new dies! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

Cool colors for this technique! Love that crossing panel! Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Mitchell said...

Gorgeous colors! It's been a while since I've seen that striking technique. And I love the green layers with their intricate designs. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!