Tuesday 11 June 2013

Creative Crew Jun 2013 Scrapbook Focus

This month's scrapbook focus challenge at Creative Crew over at Splitcoaststampers is on the dads in our lives.

CCREW0613SF - Scrapbook & More Focus:  June is best know for Father's Day (3rd Sunday).  Celebrate Dad with a scrapbook page featuring Dad or dad-like qualities.

And here's my MDS page:



I had to dig deep to find some photos of my DH.  He's not too keen on getting his photo taken, but I did find some photos from Christmas 2005, where Pete is teaching William how to pedal.  William was only 3 back then and Matthew was 8 - how time flies - William is nearly 11 and Matthew is 15 1/2.

Anyway, for this page, I took the blues and greens from the photos and used them for my background.  I kept this page simple as I'm still learning MDS, but thanks to a tip from TrishG on SCS, I managed to color my bicycles to match the background.

Thanks for looking.

Products used (MDS):

Background
     Designer Series Paper\_Designer Kits\Number One - designer series paper\Number One - 7

Embellishments
   Designer Kits\Number One - embellishments\Number One - tape 1 (re-colored)
   Designer Kits\Number One - embellishments\Number One - border 1 (re-colored)
   Staple & Stitching\Chocolate - Simple Stitches line 5 (re-colored)
  Staple & Stitching\Staple

Stamps
    Postage Due\Postage Due - bike & flower     


Cheers
Karren

No comments: