Sunday 6 October 2013

Holly Christmas

Yesterday I made a card for this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I also combined the fussy-cutting challenge at Friday Mashup.



I'm not really feeling this card, but I was a bit distracted yesterday.  We woke up to a burst pipe in one of the upstairs showers, so water had been steadily leaking down the walls into the laundry, garage downstairs and the floor of my son's bedroom adjacent.  I've got this week off from work because it's school holidays but I have a feeling that instead of spending it relaxing and stamping, I'll be spending it working through an insurance claim!

Despite that, I found the fussy-cutting therapeutic and calming.  I'm one of those weird people that doesn't mind fussy-cutting.  This is possibly because when I first started stamping, I did all my fussy-cutting using a craft knife, so using paper snips now makes it a doddle LOL.

Anyway, it took me 8 minutes to cut each of the four images used in this card (just some trivia thrown in there!).




Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Watercolor Winter; Joy to the World
Cardstock:  Very Vanilla; Old Olive
Ink:  Basic Black
Accessories:  Old Olive, Real Red and Basic Black Markers; Brights Candy Dots

Edited to Add:  This card was awarded the Queen of Clean Award at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cheers
Karren

17 comments:

Linda said...

This is my first visit to your blog and for the life of me, I can't figure out why you're not feeling this card. It is stunning! Your fussy cutting is perfect (I like to fussy cut as well) and the colors and placement of all your pieces brings this card together beautifully! Well done.

Sorry to hear about your pipes :(

Jen Mitchell said...

Fussy cutters unite! I often prefer to fussy cut even when there is a die available for the image. There's something therapeutic about it, I think! Of course, these fussy cut images resemble a beautiful wreath. What a gorgeous card!

Sorry to hear about your soggy house troubles. I hope the insurance claim works its way through quickly so that you can get back to the important things like stamping! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Janet Kay said...

I love it, it's beautiful! Your cutting looks great and the layout is wonderful! :)

Christine Blain said...

Well, my dear, I am "feeling" this card! It is stunning. Love, love, love the wreath and the bold sentiment. It's beautiful!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Look at all that fussy cutting!!! This is such a gorgeous Chrissy card Karren! Not sure why you're not feeling this card as I LOVE it! Hope your water leakage doesn't end up being too expensive for you!

Judy V said...

Saw your card on the Freshly Made Sketches blog and had to comment. It is absolutely gorgeous!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

I just LOVE your card! I wanted to let you know that I’ve chosen your creation as one of my Weekly Picks and linked back to your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your talent. Kathy at stampsatplay.blogspot.com

Cindy Brumbaugh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Oh my, Karren, this is magnificent! I LOVE it. It is just wonderful in every way. I woke up yesterday to no hot water- replaced tank today, and it was only 4 months old! However, a lot easier than a busted pipe- that happened in our vacation home two months ago- luckily my son was there! UGH, hope everything works out quickly, dear!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness....since you are not feeling it can you please send this stunning card to me, Karren! Love the fussy cutting (I too find fussy cutting relaxing!) and the coloring is perfect!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Heidi Baks said...

Wow, that is some fabulous fussy cutting! And great use of the sketch too! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Karren! The fussy cutting really makes it special! Sorry to hear about your leaking pipe. I hope it's an easy fix and you get some time to relax and stamp this week.

Notes by Nina said...

Congratulations Queen of Clean :) your card is beautiful Karren.

Julia Aston said...

Wow - this sure is some fussy cutting! love your pretty holly wreath - congrats on being chosen the winner for the sketch!

JoAnn said...

I think your card is gorgeous. Love the fussy cutting too and your card design. Congrats on your win at FMS.

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Ha! Karren...you were not feeling it but we all were! Congrats on being the Queen of Clean this week- well deserved !

Amy White said...

This is absolutely spectacular Karren! That cutting and colouring is just superb. Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!