Sunday 12 January 2014

The Q7 Card

Firstly, apologies to anyone who ended up here on my blog after googling Audi Q7s.  There are no cars in this post :)

The reason for my post title is that I made a card for my niece, Quin, who is turning 7.  I used the colors from The Card Concept and I'm calling my card Clean and Layered.  I tend to stick to clean cards although I do occasionally venture into vintage/shabby, but not today.

I'm also seizing the toppings at Seize the Birthday, which is to feature numbers on your birthday card.  I've used the sketch at Mojo Monday and because it's a birthday card and also features twine, I'm linking another card up to Friday Mashup.  Phew!  Bet you just want to see the card now?




I started my card with a Crumb Cake base which I embossed with a new-to-me EF from Couture Creations.  In my Blushing Bride scrap folder I found the strip that had been embossed with the cross-stitch EF and cut with the Finishing Touches Edgelit, so I cut an Early Espresso strip the same as a layer.  I used some old In Color DSP for the main panel and again layered that onto Early Espresso.  The Q7 were cut from textured cardstock using the Alphabet Typeset die for the "Q" and PTI's By the Numbers for the "7".  I lightly inked around the edges of the die cuts with a sponge dauber and Blushing Bride ink to make them stand out a bit more.

The sentiment is from Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler set and stamped onto Very Vanilla and cut with Spellbinders Curved Rectangles die.  Some pink twine from American Crafts and some translucent sequins finished off the card.

Here's a side shot:



Thanks for looking.






Products used:

Stamps:  Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches)
Ink:  Early Espresso, Blushing Bride
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Blushing Bride, Blushing Bride DSP
Accessories:  Couture Creations EF, sequins, By the Numbers die (PTI), Alphabet Typeset die (SU), Finishing Touches Edgelit, Needlepoint Border EF, Curved Rectangles Spellbinders die, American Crafts twine.

Edited to Add:  This card won top billing over at Seize the Birthday!

Cheers
Karren

17 comments:

Joni Andaya said...

So loving the color combination Karren :)

Janette Goodall said...

Love your card Karen! So pretty.

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, funny post! Love this beautiful card! I so love the embossing and sequins!

Leslie Miller said...

Sweet! Personalized cards are always special keepers. I love the embossed card base. I'm crazy for embossing folders. Great card with all these challenges!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love this beautiful card, Karren! Don't you love these colors together?! So pretty!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Pink and craft, it comes together so well. Great card!

Nancy said...

I LOVE this card and I am sure your niece will too! Brilliant way to combine all of my Favorite challenges!!! So impressed again Karren! Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday and for using the Toppings option of numbers!!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

How super fun and sweet for Quin's 7th b-day! Love the sequins and the letter/number combo! Thanks for playing with the Friday Mashup this week!

Greta said...

Neat card--love the sequins!

Darnell said...

This is so gorgeous, Karren! Quin is going to treasure it always!! I got a chuckle out of the Audi searchers! Hugs, Darnell

Christine Blain said...

This is SO sweet, Karren! Lovely pink, girly, personalized card for your darling niece.x

JoAnn said...

Your card is beautiful. Love the colors and the way you combined all the challenges. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh..this is amazing. I love the Q7, it's so fun. Great use of the colors. So glad you joined us for our first challenge at The Card Concept.

Geri said...

I am m so glad that you are joining us for the first every Card Concept Challenge and treating us to this absolutely delightful Clean & Layered creation! You have done a great job highlighting that sa-weet embossing folder! Your attention to detail is amazing! The Q7 - creative cleverness! Great photos of your card too!

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

I'm loving this card, Karren! Love the colors together, the design and the touch of bling. Your niece will love it! Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.
Sara

Teresa Kline said...

luv this....so glad you played along with us at Card Concept!

sparkle & shine *~*

Narelle Farrugia said...

You're so clever and creative (as well as funny!) - your niece is going to love this card! You do CAS so well, but I want to see shabby chic next time! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!