Thursday 20 February 2014

Black and White

Welcome to a new Freshly Made Sketch challenge.  This week it's my turn to design the sketch and I've decided to go square!



For my card, I went with stark black and white to come up with this:



The chevron panels were made using a stencil and some embossing paste I dyed with Basic Black reinker.  I then cut the piece into panels and layered them onto Basic Black.  

A very simple card suitable for a masculine birthday card.


Here are a couple of close-ups of the stenciling panels so you can see the dimension and texture.







Thanks for looking.  I hope you give my sketch a go - and don't feel obligated to make a square card.  This sketch would work just as well on a rectangle card.

Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  A Little Birthday Cheer
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories:  Kaisercraft Chevron Stencil, Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste, Basic Black Reinker, American Crafts Twine

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW,Karren! I love how you used the embossing paste...looks amazing!! Awesome card and Sketch!!

Susan Joyce said...

Fantastic use of the embossing paste Karren, great idea for your sketch and I love the black and white.

LeAnne said...

This is AMAZING! What a fabulous creation!

Linda Callahan said...

You get an A plus on your stencil homework! This is terrific.....love the bold graphic design! Thanks for a super sketch!

Jen Mitchell said...

Wowzer! Bold, graphic and such an awesome way to use the embossing paste! I can't stop admiring this!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I like this sketch and I love your card! Great use of the embossing paste to make it very textured. Perfect for a masculine birthday!

Scrappy Géri said...

Love your zébra style card Karren :) modern and classy :)

Amy O said...

Oh, wow! I'm so impressed with your stenciling skills! I thought this was dsp until I read your post. I enjoyed your sketch this week!

Joni Andaya said...

What a Perfect Masculine card!!! Gorgeous stenciling :)

Angela said...

This is a handsome urban graphic piece of art, Karren!

Jen Brum said...

Okay, this is so super fabulous! I am so envious of the embossing paste! Those chevrons are so fun! I love it! I couldn't figure out how you did it!!!! Oh, you stencil ladies!

Cindy Hall said...

Wow, that stenciling is so awesome! I love the texture. Gorgeous card. I could just see me making a really huge mess of it!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Black and white is always so striking and even more so because of the embossing paste! You and your techniques - you put me to shame!