Saturday, 17 May 2014

Gold Sympathy

Hi everyone and thanks for visiting.  Before I get to my card, if you subscribe to my blog via email, I have switched over to MailChimp.  So, assuming I've done everything right, this email should come to you in a slightly different format but with all the problems with Feedburner, I thought it wise to make the jump now.

Unfortunately I have need of a sympathy card for a workmate who lost his mother very suddenly while she was overseas on holiday.  I combined the sketch from Seize the Sketch with the colors from ColourQ to come up with this card.



I used the faux patina technique, which is what I immediately thought of when I saw the colors at ColourQ.  I used Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise and Chocolate Chip ink on my faux patina piece, then sprinkled some gold embossing powder over parts of the dry embossed panel.  I cut it into thirds and mounted the center panel onto a piece of Pool Party.  The sentiment is gold embossed.  Here's a close up of the faux patina.



And a shot of the very simple inside.


Thanks for visiting.  And thanks to everyone to subscribes to my blog - I do appreciate you!

Products used (all Stampin' Up):

Stamps:  Thanks for Caring
Ink:  Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Cardstock:  Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Pool Party
Accessories:  Finial Press EF, Oval Nestabilities, Gold EP

Cheers
Karren




10 comments:

Lesley Croghan said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful card. Cool technique you used too, Karren. ♡

Susanne Vargas said...

Gorgeous card! I don't think I have heard of this technique, it looks stunning!

Cheryl said...

A very beautiful card! I like this technique, going to have to find out how to do this too! Thank you so much for sharing. My prayers for your co-worker and their family.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This effect creates such an elegant background Karren - gorgeous card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card! The faux patina looks fabulous! Thanks for joining along with Seize The Sketch!

Karen D said...

Absolutely stunning Karren.

Lisa said...

THis is lovely and so elegant! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!

Patti said...

Beautiful card. Love the faux patina. Add a lovely elegant look to your card.

Marta said...

It is so beautiful and unusual! I love this!!! Very beautiful!!!

Lori said...

What a lovely sympathy card! The faux patina technique you used is so elegant. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!