Thursday 10 July 2014

Rock Star

It's my turn to host the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches and I came up with a fairly CAS-style sketch.  



I hope you can play along.  As you can see from my own card, I took a fairly liberal approach to the sketch!



 The card base was stenciled with a Tim Holtz stencil and embossing paste, colored green.  The filmstrip is stamped directly onto the card base.  I tucked some thread behind the banner and the arranged some enamel dots, sequins and rhinestones.




The sentiment is die cut and clear embossed a couple of times before being adhered to another layer to give it some depth.


Thanks for visiting.  The rest of the design team have produced amazing cards, as always, so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Grunge Rock, Gorgeous Grunge, Filmstrip, (SU), Rock On (PTI)
Ink:  Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Versafine Onyx Black.Versamark
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo
Accessories:  Happy die (Clearly Besotted), Birthday die (PTI), Clear EP, Basic Jewels, Freckled Fawn Enamel Dots, sequins, thread, Banner framelits (SU), Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste, Tim Holtz Bubble Stencil

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Wonderful sketch and wow did you rock it! Love the embossing paste dots in the background and the sentiment is fabulous! And I love the filmstrip.....and the dots and sequins....

Leigh said...

Love the card and sketch and how all the elements pull together.

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE your card! The embossing paste is awesome! The filmstrip is perfect with the guitar! XX

Jen Mitchell said...

Holy moly I love this card! That embossing paste is totally awesome as well as the film strip, the die cut sentiments, the guitar. I love it all!

Christine Blain said...

Fabulous! Love your colour choices, and all the cool elements on this card, Karren.

Cindy Lovell said...

I love your Sketch Karren,just like this fun and awesome card!! Fab colors and i love the word dies and your stamping!!

Amy O said...

Now this is a cool and fun card! I love the stenciling in the fab green, and the film strip is a great accent with the guitar. I love the sketch too, Karren!

Karen M said...

Hi Karren, this is a really cool, boy card! Lots of detail that all comes together perfectly. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog! x

Bev Gomez said...

Hi Karren, thanks for your comment on my card and when I saw your card I thought OMG how cute, It was a great sketch and thanks again.

Jen Timko said...

Stenciling….so in love with this!!! Such a pretty color and such a fun take on the sketch. Thanks for a great one this week!

AB. said...

What a wonderful card! I love all the funky elements on here! Amazing! :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely amazing - totally love what you've done here with your background and fab details!