Friday, 8 August 2014

It's Your Day

Today's card is my first attempt at sponging my own plaid.  I first saw it in an Online Card Class a few months ago but haven't had the time to try it out.  As soon as I saw the ColourQ inspiration pic, I knew my time had come to give it a go!  I used the sketch from Verve as well as I decided it had been a while since I'd made a layered card.



Believe it or not, I did start out making a clean card but it ended up looking a bit vintage and distressed.  I stamped my balloons and colored them with Copics then because the plaid panel looked old, I decided to vintage-up my main image.  I stamped a mask for the balloons then merrily stamped and sponged around them, ending up by rubbing a bit of Gesso in the corners with my fingers.



Here's a close-up of the stamped plaid, which took quite a while as I stupidly sponged almost a half sheet of cardstock!  I sponged with Early Espresso, Island Indigo, Summer Starfruit and Tempting Turquoise and I love how I ended up with some green squares!

I'm also entering this in the following Dare to Get Dirty Challenges at Splitcoaststampers:

DTGD14SusieAustralia
DTGD14IlinaCrouse
DTGD14~Fee~
DTGD14cathymac






Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  Party Time (Verve), Dictionary (SU)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Vintage Photo, Pumice Stone Distress inks, Summer Starfruit, Early Espresso, Island Indigo, Tempting Turquoise (SU), Versamark
Cardstock:  Early Espresso, Island Indigo, Whisper White, Xpress-it
Accessories:  White EP, Lil Inkers Stacked Mats Circles, Copics, Gesso, Linen Thread

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card was showcased on the Viva la Verve website plus it got a shout-out at ColourQ.

3 comments:

Doris said...

Absolutely love the hand-made plaid background. I wouldn't have had the patience, but you did a great job. Nice card!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a great take on the inspiration piece. Just love the colored balloons and the deep shading around them.

Darnell J Knauss said...

This is SERIOUSLY gorgeous, Karren!! You have so much depth on this card!! Congratulations on the well-deserved Courtier win from ColourQ!! Hugs, Darnell