Sunday 17 January 2016

Mouse Thanks

Hi!  This card was made specifically with someone in mind, which is rare for me :)  Later on today, it will be winging its way across the world to the recipient.

As soon as I saw the sketch at MFT, I loved it and wanted to make a card and this is the result:


I colored the adorable wee mouse from Harvest Mouse with Copics then worked out what colors matched the Copic colors.  I used SU's Island Indigo for the banner and a combination of PTI's Fine Linen and Classic Kraft for the stenciling.

The stencil I used is the Large Grid Stencil - I love the graphic look - and I faded it out at the bottom and sides.  The Thank You is from Adorable Elephants and white embossed onto a stitched banner from Blueprints 20.  The white layer is also die-cut using Blueprints 20.


Thanks for visiting!


Products used:

Stamps:  Harvest Mouse, Adorable Elephants (MFT)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Fine Linen, Classic Kraft
Cardstock:  White, Island Indigo, X-Press It
Dies:  Harvest Mouse, Blueprints 20 (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Large Grid Stencil (MFT), White EP

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Jen W. said...

Love your coloring on that adorable mouse and the fade out on the inked background is perfect!

Susanne Vargas said...

This is too cute! Love the bit of stenciling! Somebody will be very happy when they receive this!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cute!!!

Bridget said...

Absolutely adorable! xx

SonjaK said...

This is too cute! Love the colors too.

Rosemary said...

love, love, love your take on the MFT sketch... gorgeous card!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh my goodness, Karren! This is sooooo wonderful! Perfect interpretation of the sketch, but the combination of colors and elements are just fabulous. I just LOVE it!

Imke said...

GREAT take with the sketch, LOVE the stenciling and the mouse is super cute !!

Greta said...

Oh my word, Karren--fabulous card! I haven't come up with a single idea for this sketch!

Suzanne B. Webb said...

So cute, I love your coloring!

Narelle Farrugia said...

LOVE! He is just the cutest!

Linda Callahan said...

Doesn't get any cuter than this! Love the stencil!