Monday 8 February 2016

Big Thanks

Hi!  I made this card late last night and while the background came together quickly, the front panel took a bit longer as I couldn't decide what to put in it.  This is version 3.0:


I used Linda's sketch at Pals Paper Arts and the current challenge at Pinterest Inspired Challenge.  I wanted a long narrow front panel but couldn't find anything appropriate to fit, so ended up with this sentiment and lots of white space :)

For my background panel, I took a piece of watercolor paper and white embossed the Worn Grid stamp from Unity.  I then used Sonja's controlled watercolor technique to apply ink.  I used several distress inks, trying to match the colors of the inspiration picture.  Once it was dry, it looked a bit patchy so I went over the whole thing with Tumbled Glass ink to give it some cohesion, then went round the edges with Vintage Photo ink before die-cutting it with an angled die.

I layered that onto a black card base and put another thin strip of black on the bottom panel to match the sketch.  The sentiment was stamped with High Dive ink and layered onto a black panel.  I finished with some dark grey enamel dots.



I'm also entering this into Stampin' Royalty's Card for Guys challenge.  This is my second entry there.

PPA-286-Feb04


Wear Our Badge

Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  Worn Grid (Unity), Big Thanks (CAS-ual Fridays)
Ink:  Versamark, High Dive, Scattered Straw, Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Faded Jeans, Hickory Smoke, Vintage Photo
Cardstock:  Black, white, watercolor
Dies:  Blueprints 18
Accessories:  White EP, enamel dots

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Pals Paper Arts.

11 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Great background, great layout, fabulous card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

FABulous background! Wow!!

Lynne in NI said...

Great card, your background is an absolute stunner!

Just a Thought... said...

So creative!! WOW!! Just love what you did with the sketch!!! Thank you for playing with us over at the Pals Paper Arts this week!!!

Carrie Rhoades said...

OH, that background, love it! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Stampin' Royalty!

Linda Callahan said...

Wowza - that is one fabulous background! you are fabulous with those inks!

Susan Itell said...

There is only ONE WORD - AMAZING!!!! This background is over the top! Thanks for playing the week!

Ann Schach said...

Clean and simple perfection, Karren! This background is to die for! Thank you for joining the PPA Sketch Team this week!

Brent Scheffer said...

The watercolor look behind the grid is great! The coors all work well together. Congrats on the PPA286 pick!

Barb Ghig said...

Another fabulous card! Beautiful blending with your inks, and I love how the black accents ground your design! You're a busy girl :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love your gorgeous background! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!