Thursday 27 October 2016

Thankful Fox

Hi and welcome!  I'm thrilled to be Guest Designer over at Time Out Challenges.  This challenge is Inspired by Words:

'Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart'

A beautiful sentiment, indeed.  And here is my card:


I stamped, colored and die-cut the adorable fox image from Fall Fox and put him to one side.  On the white card base, I die-cut a square out of the top center and adhered some acetate and patterned paper in the gap.  I then stamped the sentiment using Stazon ink.

Finally, I adhered the wee fox with foam tape.  A very CAS card!




I used a sketch from SugarPea Designs Challenge, so I'm linking up there.




18

Thanks for visiting.  The Time Out team have some wonderful inspiration for you so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Fall Fox (SugarPea Designs)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Black Stazon
Cardstock:  White, X-Press it, Acetate, Homespun Gingham (MFT)
Dies:  Fall Fox (SPD), Pierced Square Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics

Cheers
Karren

18 comments:

Hannelie said...

Perfectly put together and so clean and crisp. Amazing coloring like only you can do!

Marina said...

Fox is beautifully coloured and so cute ...your design really shows it to the best advantage.

Anita in France said...

So sweet and wonderfully CAS, Karren ... and such amazing colouring on that adorable little fox! So delighted to have you Guest Designing with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Nonni said...

Great use of acetate! I love this sweet little fox and your cute card with it -great CAS layout! Thank you so much for being our GD at TO!

Gerrina said...

I like the CAS-style of your card! And using patterned paper behind the acetate is so clever! That looks great!

Jill V said...

Such a sweet image and so beautifully coloured Karren! I love the acetate peek-a-boo window you used to highlight the DP on the inside - great design! Thanks for bringing us such great inspiration as our GD this week! Jill

I Card Everyone said...

OH is he cute!!! Yes, Karren, wonderful words!
=]

Rosemary said...

your coloring is out of this world... beautiful CAS design!!

Linda Callahan said...

Such a cute fox! And that acetate panel is fab!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

That little fox is so adorable, and you have colored his so beautifully. What a great idea to use acetate in the aperture, and stamping the sentiment on it. Fantastic and wonderfully CAS! It's wonderful to have you as GD! I have been an admirer of your work for quite a while!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love the look of the acetate over the patterned paper peeking through your square. Have you started a new trend?

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your Guest Designer spot, Karren! Your little fox is so sweet, and you've colored him beautifully! I love the effect of the acetate over the pattern, too...I know it can be challenging to stamp on acetate, but your sentiment looks amazing! Such a charming card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Karren this is absolutely so cute, I love the stamped accetate! Thank you for sharing with us at SugarPea Design this month!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow, this foxy is adorable ! Very clever the acetate over the the patterned paper, the frosted effect is wonderful.

sandie said...

I love how CAS this is Karren and your colouring is superb, we are so pleased to have you as our GD for this challenge. Thank you so much for joining us and I look forward to your card this week x

Bonnie said...

Yay, Karren! Congrats on your GD position! Such a darling CAS card!

Lisa Kind said...

This is so pretty Karren! I love that little fox! So happy to have you join us at Time Out!

Shona Chambers said...

I'm playing catch up as usual...This is so perfect for the challenge and I love the sweet little fox. Hope you get to be a GD again in the future!!!