Sunday 19 November 2017

Birthday Bouquet

Hi, I'm here with a card I made on Friday - the last day of my week off work 😢 I made this card using both the sketch and colors at MFT Stamps.  I'm also linking this up to Sweet Stampin' who are celebrating their 8th anniversary - which is such an amazing milestone!




I stamped the three smallest images from Plentiful Petals using colors as close to the challenge colors as I had.  I then die-cut them and arranged them in a bouquet and held them in place with Press n Seal while I worked on the remainder of my card.

Black cardstock was used to die-cut some layered leaves and also the pierced square frame.  I white-embossed the sentiment onto a strip of black and adhered it to the frame before adhering to a white card base.  Then it was time to position the flowers and adhere them in place.  I went over the centers of the flowers with clear sparkle pen.  Finally a few clear sequins to finish the card.



Thanks for visiting!  Back to work for me, tomorrow...



Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog

Products used:

Stamps:  Plentiful Petals, Get Down to Business (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Blue Violet (SSS), Warm Sunshine, Orange Cream (Altenew), Black Licorice Hybrid (MFT)
Cardstock:  White, Black
Dies:  Plentiful Petals, Pierced Square Frames, Slanted Sentiment Strips, Layered Leaves (MFT)
Accessories:  Sparkling Clear Sequins, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

6 comments:

Chris said...

So striking! What a fabulous bold and bright design, perfect for our Birthday Challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week. Thanks for playing along.
Chris
x

Cara said...

This is so striking, great design x

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Karren! Love your vibrant color palette and how you used black to ground those beautiful blooms! Great job combining all these challenges, too!
You created some really fabulous cards while you were off work...way to go!!!

Kim S said...

LOVE your bright colors against the black frame!

Linda Callahan said...

These bright flowers are fabulous!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Thank you for participating in the Sweet Stampin' Birthday Challenge! I love the color scheme of your card and the way you mastered the used of white space.