Tuesday 16 January 2018

The Sweetest

Welcome!  Today's card uses both the sketch and colors from MFT's latest challenges.  I'm also linking this up to the Clean and Simple challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More.


I colored up this sweet little bear using two of the challenge colors then cut it with my Scan n Cut.  I added Crystal Glaze to the honey and set it aside to dry.  The Summer Splash panel was clear embossed with Roses All Over and adhered to the left hand side of a top-folding card base.  I did some ink-blending onto a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock, using distress inks that most closely matched the challenge colors, working from dark to light.  I then cut the piece with the Pierced Rectangle Stax die.

I was going to go with my usual white-embossed on black sentiment strip, but decided to be brave and add more color 😁  The Banana Split cardstock was stamped in black and then die-cut with a Pierced Fishtail Flag Stax die. 


Finally I added the bear with foam tape and called it done.

Thanks so much for visiting!





Products used:

Stamps:  Roses All Over, Bitty Bears (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Versamark, Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold, Abandoned Coral, Fired Brick
Cardstock:  White, Bristol Smooth, X-Press It, Summer Splash, Banana Split
Dies:  Pierced Fishtail Flag Stax, Pierced Rectangle Frames
Accessories:  Copics, Clear EP, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen, Nuvo Crystal Glaze

Cheers
Karren

4 comments:

K M Meena Herale said...

Beautiful card, Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps and More and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena DT

Cara said...

Love your ink blending and that adorable bear x

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful ink blending on your frame and I adore this darling Bitty Bear, Karren! Beautiful Copic coloring, too! Your blending technique makes it look like fur, too...I'm so impressed! Great job combining challenges :)

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable.....love how you used the frame!