Sunday 22 April 2018

Cheers Big Ears

Hi!  I'm here with a card for the current challenge at Addicted to CAS.  I've been wanting to play along with their challenges for an age, but I keep running out of time.  So this weekend, I made sure to make some time to play along with their Bubbles challenge.

Bobby's adorable DT card reminded me I had some wood-mounted Penny Black stamps in my stash, so I went hunting to find one in particular and made this card:


This stamp is quite large so I went with a very simple card as the image is so big.  To not distract from the image but also to add a sentiment, I used the Camouflaged Die-Cut technique, backing the "cheers" die-cut with a stack of black die-cuts to make it pop.

Becuase of the sketchy look to the image, I decided to color it with watercolors - definitely not my strong suit!  The image was stamped with London Fog ink for more of a softer outline.  I die-cut the main panel with a stitched die and adhered it to a black card base.  Finally, I added some sparkling clear confetti to mimic bubbles (out of a closed champagne bottle???)  and painted the foil top with a clear sparkle pen.

Thanks so much for visiting!



Products used:

Stamps:  Lovely Bubbly (Penny Black)
Ink:  Memento London Fog
Cardstock:  Bristol Smooth, Black
Dies:  Cheers, Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Zig markers, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen, PPP Sparkling Clear Confetti

Cheers
Karren



5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Well that watercooring looks mighty fine to me! Adorable card!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful coloring on your kitty and mouse! I love how they're popping open the bubbly and getting ready to party :) Such a cute card and perfect for the challenge, Karren! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS...we always enjoy seeing your creations in the gallery!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is just adorable, and your coloring is great! Love these two critters getting ready to celebrate. Thanks so much for playing with us at ATCAS!

anja curvers said...

Such an adorable card love it. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

Karen Davis said...

Karren, I adore these kitty’s. I have two of my own. They always make me smile. Your champagne kitty is so beautifully coloured, such a fun card.