Sunday 27 May 2018

Birthday Chicks

Hi everyone!  Hope you're having a great weekend!  Who am I kidding - every weekend is great 😂

I'm here with a card and video using the adorable Birthday Chicks stamp set from MFT Stamps.  I've had this set for about a few weeks (after telling myself I didn't need it when it was first released) and finally got time to ink it up.  To help with my card design, I'm playing along with the current sketch at MFT Stamps.  As well, I'm linking up the Simon Says Stamp "Use More Than One Stamp" challenge and the linky party at Seize the Birthday.

I also have a video - see below.



These chicks are just too cute so I chose three images that would work with the scene I had in mind.  I stamped, colored and cut them out and then set them aside to work on my card base.  I took a panel of white cardstock and cut it with a stitched frame rectangle die and also a stitched circle die.  I then used that as a template to mark on the cardbase where my circle would be so I can do some ink-blending and make a wee sky/grass scene.



I used the Mini Cloud stencil and the Drifts and Hills stencil to create my landscape and then placed the die-cut panel on top so I could lay out my chicks and white-embossed sentiment.  I adhered the elements onto the die-cut panel and then used some foam tape to add the panel to the card base.

To finish off the card, I added some clear sparkle pen to the party hats and the cupcake icing.


Thanks so much for visiting!  To watch the video, head on over to YouTube or you can watch it below.







Products used:

Stamps:  Birthday Chicks (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Versamark, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, Twisted Citron Distress Oxide
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax, Inside/Out Stitched Circles (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen, Mini Cloud Stencil, Drifts & Hills Stencil

Cheers
Karren





10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Cutest chicks on the planet! Adorable card!

Darnell said...

Those chicks really are so darn adorable! I've been avoiding them too, but darn it, Karren, I think you've pushed me over the edge with this sweet card design! Your coloring is always top-notch!! Hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

I ditto both Linda, and Darnell, Karren … cutest chicks I've yet to buy! I'm happy just watching you bring them to life in the most wonderful way!
=]

Aileen said...

So cute I had to buy them, have stamped but still need to colour. Love your little scene, so so cute. Keep inspiring me okay.

Contagiously Crafty said...

Cute and adorable card. Love that background. So glad to have found you through the SSS challenge.

Kara Lynne said...

What a fabulous card, Karren! Those chicks are so much fun and what a great design you created using that sketch!

Lindsey said...

This is such a cute card! I love those chicks. And your colouring is gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with Seize the Birthday!

Misty Elam said...

OK. This is the CUTEST card I've seen all day!! I have to get those darn chicks now... Fabulous layout, fabulous coloring, just all around fabulous card.
Thanks for joining us last week at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I do hope you'll join us again soon.
Misty

ElizStewart said...

Karren...great card! Wonderful tip on lining the sentiment up in the negative space!

Barb Ghig said...

I knew I should have purchased this set :) Such a cute card, Karren...It looks like your little chicks are having so much fun at the party! Beautiful Copic coloring, as always and I love your background! Great job on the sketch, and combining challenges...you do that so well!
Thanks so much for another great video! I always enjoy watching you create!