Friday 22 June 2018

Triangular Birthday

Hi and welcome!  I'm back with a card for the latest Fusion challenge!  This time we have a very cool photo, full of primary colors, books and monsters!  If that doesn't tickle your fancy, then check out the sketch.  I chose to play primarily with the sketch but brought in the bright blue and green from the photo as well.



I applied the Abstract Triangle Stencil onto a white card base, using Fog ink to get a very light background.  I then die-cut some triangles from Limelight and Blu Raspberry cardstock and sponged along the bottom of them with distress inks.  I die-cut a black pierced rectangle frame and adhered that to the card base with foam tape.


The sentiment was chosen for its size and comes from the Sweet Succulents stamp set by MFT.  After that was stamped, I added the triangles to mimic the sketch, then finished off with some Nuvo Jewel Drops.


Thanks so much for visiting!  The rest of the design team have been inspired in such wonderful ways, so I hope you'll check them out.



Products Used:

Stamps:  Sweet Succulents (MFT)
Ink:  Fog (SSS), Versafine Onyx Black, Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, Limelight, Blu Raspberry (MFT)
Dies:  Pierced Rectangle Frames, Triangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Abstract Triangle Stencil (SSS), Nuvo Jewel Drops

Cheers
Karren

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Your graphic design is wonderful! That subtle pattern is terrific behind the bright triangles!

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous take on the sketch, Karren! I love the subtle triangles in the background and how you placed the bold colored triangles over your frame...very cool!

Kim S said...

It's all so perfect together. And I love that you softened the geometry of it with a few little Jewel Drops!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I do love a card with a great geometric design! I love these colors together. The black frame really makes those triangles pop. And what a great take on the sketch!