Friday 17 August 2018

A Star this Card Ain't...

It's time for another fun challenge from the Fusion team and here is our newest sketch and inspiration photo.


When I designed this challenge, I had great intentions of making a galaxy background like in the photo, but as I mentioned yesterday, I have a really bad cold and didn't get to make my card for this challenge until that cold was full-blown and my brain was not working at all right.  So after 4 days of trying to come up with a card, this the is best I could do.


So on Tuesday, I managed to spread some glitter embossing paste over a stencil and set it aside to dry.  Today (Thursday), I came back to it, looked at it for a long time, looked at it some more and finally came up with the card you see.  Nothing flash, but it's a card and it meets both the sketch and the photo, so win-win 😄

The "You are a" was stamped with an alphabet stamp and the "star" was die-cut from an alphabet die.

Here are another couple of photos.





Thanks for visiting!  The design team have come up with some fabulous cards for this challenge, so I hope you'll check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Calli Letters Upper and Lower (Mama Elephant)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Black, Silver Foil
Dies:  Pierced Heart Stax (MFT), Urban Alpha Upper (Memory Box)
Accessories:  My Monthly Hero Dec 17 stencil (Hero Arts), Licorice Glitter Paste (BoBunny), star sequins

Cheers
Karren



7 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

I must say, despite your bad cold, I think your card turned out great, Karren! I love all the sparkle on your starry background and your silver star is so cool!
Hope you're getting rest and feeling better...Hugs, Barb

Christine Kiehl said...

what a star of a layout you chose for this card! I am loving it!

Claire said...

I quite often find my brain doesn't work Karren, even without a cold! Fabulous job considering you're under the weather. The stencilled background looks amazing!

Linda Callahan said...

You are a star girl......this is terrific!

Karen Davis said...

I love the background. An amazing take on the sketch. Perfection as usual!

Jen Mitchell said...

I'm not buying your story that this is the best you could do - as if this is somehow a deficient card! I happen to think its pretty cool with its sparkly textured background and the big shiny star. Cold or no cold, this card is a winner!

Aileen said...

Nothing like being sick and under pressure so I reckon you did brilliantly. At first I thought you had blended with black so Im glad you tilted the card as I was struggling to see the glitter paste. Once tilted it shows perfectly so well done sweetie, great card.