Thursday 3 January 2019

Howdy


Hi and welcome!  Please give me a minute to dust off this old blog - this is probably the longest I've gone without posting a card, which is really, really frustrating because I'm just coming up on the end of two weeks off work and had great intentions of spending heaps of time making cards.  Well, the mojo and creativity disagreed. 

Anyway, I spent a few hours the other day making this card (yes, a few hours!) and it uses the latest sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches.  We're back and we're back with a bang because we have three new DT members joining us for the next 6 months.  I'm not going to tell you who they are and I urge you to head over to the blog and check them out.   



Today's sketch is courtesy of the delightful Amy O'Neill and it's a good one!  I decided to use the circle as a negative space and broke out a couple of NBUS sets.



I'm playing along with the color challenge at MFT Stamps as well, which is why I didn't create a scene behind my cowgirl.  To be honest, I did have a scene all made with grass and sky and then realised it used colors not in the color challenge, so decided to go really simple and have a plain gray background.  


I colored up my image in the challenge colors and then used the co-ordinating dies to die-cut the images.  The white panel was die-cut with an inside/out stitched circle die as well as a stitched rectangle die, after which I stamped the sentiment in the bottom right corner.  All elements are glued directly to the Cement Gray card base apart from the cowgirl who is popped up on foam tape.



Thanks for visiting!  Please head over to the challenge blog and check out our new DT members as well as everyone's gorgeous cards.


Products used:

Stamps:  Saddle Up and Celebrate, Best in the West (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K)
Cardstock:  White, Cement Gray, X-Press It
Dies:  Saddle Up and Celebrate, Best in the West, Inside/Out Stitched Circles, Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

She is the cutest little cowgirl I've ever said howdy to!! Welcome back, Karren, and Happy New Year!!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Hi Karren! Happy New Year!!! I love this adorable card with your sweet little cowgirl and beautiful Copic coloring! I'm so glad you had a few weeks off to relax...it looks to me like your mojo is still going strong :)

Linda Callahan said...

Well howdy back atcha! Your cowgirl is adorable and perfectly colored as usual! I love the gray in the background!

Jen Mitchell said...

You've got the wild west down perfect with this gal! So beautifully colored too. Sometimes a break from the old craft table is just what the mojo needs!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Hi Karren! Well, Yeah!!! So thrilled to be on a team with you again. Love your work, including this adorable cowgirl. Don't you just love the colors in the MFT challenge? Happy New Year!

Kim S said...

Isn't that just the way it is? When you need the mojo - it takes a vacation too!! I love how you came back though. She is charming!! And how fun to come up with the fence for those two little strips in the back!

Amy O said...

Howdy from Texas! I love your cute cowgirl and your beautiful coloring. Such a fun card!

Makira said...

Simply precious!! Well done. Hands down a winner for the MFT color challenge.

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is just amazing!!! I love that cowgirl and your colouring is spot on as always! Love the recessed circle too! You're just so creative! I love it!

Jacquie Southas said...

Your coloring is just fabulous, Karren!

Wanda Cullen said...

This is such a darling card! Your coloring skills rock!!