Wednesday 6 March 2019

Ombre Rings

Hi!  It's the lovely Amy O'Neill's turn to host at Freshly Made Sketches and she has come up with a wonderful sketch to inspire us.


I decided to be quite literal in my interpretation of the sketch and used circles 😄



This die is the Fine Frames - Circles die from Altenew and I die-cut it 5 times from 5 different shades of blue cardstock.  I then took 3 rings from each color and put them together, using sticky tape on the back to hold it in place.  For the 2 smaller circles, I just used 2 colors.

Onto a white card base I masked off the left, right and bottom and then blended on some Peacock Feathers ink, slowly fading it away at the top.  I then stamped the sentiment and added the small circles directly to the card base.  The big circle was popped up on foam tape.



And that's it!  Card done!

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the gorgeous cards created by the rest of the design team.

I'm going to link up to Just Us Girls birthday word challenge. 


Products used:

Stamps:  More Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Peacock Feathers Distress Ink
Cardstock:  White, Tropical Teal, Blu Raspberry, Summer Splash, Berrylicious, Sno Cone (MFT)
Dies:  Fine Frames - Circles (Altenew)

Cheers
Karren


12 comments:

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Karren. I have those dies... somewhere!!! Can't find them at the moment. Love how you did the ombre look

Amy O said...

I love your ombre circles and gorgeous inky background, Karren! You definitely win the award for being truest to the sketch this week.

Linda Callahan said...

Only you could take simple cicles and make them look fabulous! Striking card.....and your inkiness is perfect!

Betty said...

love how you used the fine frames for you card design, Karren - very pretty!

Jeanne H said...

All I can think of to say is WOW!

I Card Everyone said...

Karren I love your card! These rings are fabulous in your gorgeous ombre colors! I've just purchased the rectangles but cannot get them to cut... any advice? [tried shims, metal & paper]
=]

Barb Ghig said...

I've been struggling with an ombre design for the past two days and pulling my hair out, I might add...but, you totally nailed it, Karren! I love how you created the gradation in all those beautiful shades of blue, and how you created the background with Peacock Feathers...so striking and totally fabulous!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the ombre blue circles what a fabulous card works for either male or female I like those thanks for joining in at jugs

Jen Brum said...

Oh Karren! This card is gorgeous! I just love those ombre circles! They're so pretty! The background is amazing too! You're so creative!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Your literal interpretation is perfect, Karren! Love the ombre effect! You have intrigued me and now I have to go check out those dies!

Jen Timko said...

This is a lesson on how to do ombré! Love every detail!

Jen Mitchell said...

Those ombre circles are fabulous! What a great take on the sketch!