Friday 19 April 2019

Fishy Trio

Hi!  I'm back with a card for the latest challenge at Fusion.  Check out the new graphic:



I created a sort of fusion by combining most of the sketch with the fish theme from the photo.  I added the horizontal strip behind the three elements rather than in front, but I hope you can still see the sketch.


These fish crack me up!  I stamped and colored them with Copics before die-cutting them.  I masked off a strip on a white card base and blended on some distress inks.  I then added the fish, with the ones at either end popped up on foam tape.  I stamped the simple sentiment before adding Crystal Glaze to all the eyes.


And that's it!  Card done!  I'm heading into a 4 day Easter weekend, so hopefully I'll have enough energy and mojo to spend a chunk of time in the craft room.  It's been about 8 months now since I really wanted to spend time stamping and I'm convinced it's because I'm so busy at work I have nothing left in the tank when I get home!



Thanks so much for visiting!  I hope you'll check out the gorgeous cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  That Bites (Avery Elle)
Ink:  Amalgam, Peacock Feathers Distress Ink
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It
Dies:  That Bites (Avery Elle)
Accessories:  Copics, Nuvo Crystal Glaze

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

On a SCALE of 1-10... this card goes to 11 my friend! xx
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Super cute take on the challenge, Karren! I love your choice of fishes and your Copic coloring is over the top perfect, as always! I love how you combined the sketch with the inspiration photo, too...so clever!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE these adorable fish and yes...they are cracking me up as well! Super CAS design and I may need to add this to my wish list for Avery Elle!

Dawn T said...

Awesome Karren. What a super cool card.

Cindy H. said...

What a great take on the challenges! Those fish are too much, they're cracking me up, too!

Chanray said...

I love your card , so funny and classy at the same time!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love those fish too! The expressions on their faces is priceless! Love them in these tropical colors!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh these fish just make me smile! Love everything about this!

Amy O said...

Oh my goodness, this card is adorable!

Kim S said...

I love how you grouped these guys - it made me laugh out loud!