Thursday 16 May 2019

Letters


Hey, thanks for dropping by!  I'm the sketch hostess at Freshly Made Sketches this week and I hope you like the sketch I came up with.


I took a few liberties with my own sketch and increased the number of elements along the horizontal.


This is not at all what I had in mind when I sat down to make my card, but I saw this patterned paper in my drawer and decided to go with a note-writing theme.  I went hunting for some envelope dies and cut these from Coral Crush and Persimmon cardstock.  I then went around the "seams" with light gray Copic markers to add some shading.  I adhered them all together in a row and added foam tape before adding them to the card front.

The "thanks" is from a NBUS die and I love the fun font.



A very simple card.

Thanks for visiting.  The DT have made some gorgeous cards using my sketch so I hope you'll go check them out.

Products used:

Cardstock:  White, Black Licorice, Coral Crush, Persimmon (MFT), Salvage District (Prima Marketing)
Dies:  Mailbox, Simple Thanks (MFT)
Accessories:  Copic Markers (C1, C00, 0)

Cheers
Karren

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Fun sketch! And I love your sweet envelopes in the bright colors! I think I need that word die!

I Card Everyone said...

You 'had me' at that gorgeous gray panel! Wonderful depth you've added to your envelopes, Karren!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome color palette, Karren! I love the font on your sentiment and that you chose envies for your focal point...Love your take on the sketch, my friend :)

Cindy H. said...

I love your interpretation of the sketch. Great card!

Jen Brum said...

Oh this card is just beautiful Karren! I just love that "thanks"! The font is fantastic and like Linda, I think I need it!! Those envelopes are so sweet too! Thanks for a great sketch this week!