Thursday 15 August 2019

Super Cute

Hi and welcome to the second week of our month-long 400th challenge celebration at Freshly Made Sketches.  I decided to look back at my history with FMS and I first starting playing along at Sketch #20 - a month after I started my blog.  I was lucky enough to be chosen as a Perfect Princess in that challenge - chosen by none other than then-Guest Designer, Kim Singdahlsen.

It was a crafty dream come true when I was asked to be a Guest Designer in January 2014 and I've stayed ever since.  I love this team - they are so talented, caring and supportive.

Following on from last week's theme, we're going back to sketch #200.


My late son, Matthew, has a very good friend who is due to have a baby girl later this month.  It is nice to have something as sweet as a new baby to look forward to after all the heartache of the last two months, and I enjoyed making this card for the upcoming arrival.


I die-cut the onesie and the dress from patterned paper and added a little bit of shading with Copic markers.  The bib was cut from cardstock.  I adhered Watercolor Wash patterned paper to the bottom of a white card base and then heat-embossed the sentiment.  The clothing was added to the clothesline with foam tape to lift if from the white card and add some dimension.  A thin strip of Cotton Candy cardstock separated the two layers.

To finish the card, I added some clear sparkle pen to the pink heart.


Thanks for visiting.  Please check out the fabulous creations made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Welcome Baby (MFT)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Cotton Candy, Watercolor Wash, Just Delightful Patterened Paper (MFT)
Dies:  Bundle of Baby Clothes (MFT)

Karren

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Such a sweet line of baby laundry! And very pretty in pink.....

I Card Everyone said...

There isn't a laundry day better than one spent folding sweet little baby clothing, right? I even enjoyed folding diapers - yes, way better than washing them!!
Your card, laundry, and sentiment could NOT be cuter, Karren! xx
=]

Denise said...

Your card is super cute! Thanks for sharing!
Denise

Wanda Cullen said...

I think of you often, Karren, and hope you are feeling the love from friends in the loss of your son! This baby card is adorable and will be a happy occasion to focus on! ((hugs))

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a sweet baby card, Karren! I love your choice of elements and how you made each one so special! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed creating this card...I'm sure Matthew's friend is going to love it, too :)

Kim S said...

Isn't it fun how we all were part of this challenge - I played along with sketch #1 and both I and Ms. Timko were perfect princesses!!

The card is absolutely charming - what a fun sentiment! I'm so glad there's a new baby and I hope it's nearby so you can give it lots of hugs and snuggles.