Friday 18 October 2019

Sparkle Hello

Hi and welcome to a new challenge from the Fusion team. 


I chose to just play along with the sketch this time and came up with this card:




The leaves were made using a technique I saw on a video at Memory Box on using napkins for die-cutting.  I didn't have any white napkins so I used a paper towel instead.  I pulled out my Gansai paints and just slapped on various colors, including gold.


To tie in the gold, I die-cut the sentiment from gold sparkle cardstock.


Thanks for visiting.  Please check out what the rest of the DT have done with this challenge.

Products used:

Cardstock:  White, black, gold sparkle, paper towel
Dies:  Leaves (Impression Obsession), Simply Said Hello & Thank You (MFT), Striped Sentiment Strip (MFT)
Accessories:  Gansai Tambi Paints

Cheers
Karren

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

WOW, Karren... they are so life-like!! Gorgeous way to say hello!
=]

Dawn T said...

So beautiful Karren. I went and watched the video. What an incredible look. Your leaves are amazing. Good to know paper towels work as well.

Linda Callahan said...

Now I need to go watch the video.....the leaves are wonderful! Beautiful card!

Judy Rozema said...

Wow - that is just awesome! The leaves are amazing.

Barb Ghig said...

Your leaves are amazing, Karren! The combination of this technique and your watercoloring creates such a realistic effect! I love how you placed it on the B&W sentiment strips, too...Fabulous take on the sketch!
Thanks so much for the link to this technique :)

Lyn said...

Beautiful card and such amazing leaves <3