Thursday 5 December 2019

Stars

Hi and welcome.  I am the hostess today over at Freshly Made Sketches and here is my sketch:
Very simple - just the way I like them!  This is the last card I made to send to a grieving mother. 


I created the night sky background with Distress Oxide inks, Perfect Pearls mist and white gouache.  Once the panel was dry, I silver-embossed some stars and then adhered a silver strip to the left hand side for added interest.

I stamped and die-cut the sentiment and adhered it to the front panel then I added foam tape to the whole panel before attaching it to a white card base.  I finished with some sparkling clear confetti.


Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the challenge blog and see how the rest of the DT interpreted my sketch.


Products used:

Stamps:  Written in the Stars (MFT)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink
Cardstock:  White, Silver, Bristol Smooth
Dies:  Slanted Sentiment Strips (MFT)
Accessories:  White Gouache, Perfect Pearls, Silver EP (Ranger), Sparkling Clear Confetti (PPP)

10 comments:

Amy O said...

A beautiful card and a beautiful sentiment! That background is amazing!

I Card Everyone said...

So very beautiful, Karren!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Your night sky is so striking and I love your silver stars, Karren! Such a lovely sentiment, too...very uplifting! I'm sure the women in your support group are very impressed when they receive a handmade card from you, my friend!!!

Jen Brum said...

Oh wow Karren! This card is just amazing! That background is so gorgeous!!! Looks just like the night sky! I think I need to come to NZ so you can teach me how to do this!!! Perfect sentiment as well!!!

Dawn T said...

Stunning background Karren. Great card.

Nora Noll said...

This sky looks amazing!! I LOVE addition of the stars and sequins you did!! BEAUTIFUL card!!

Kim S said...

An absolutely lovely background - and so wonderful with the meaningful sentiment!

Linda Callahan said...

That sky is gorgeous!

Narelle Farrugia said...

You created one fabulous sketch this week Karren and one very special card!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow, Karren! You've created such an amazing starry night background. And I love the sentiment. This card can give some peace to the darkest mood.