Thursday 27 February 2020

Popping By

Hi all and thanks for popping by.  Today's card is for the latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches where our hostess is Jen Brum.



I store my stamp sets in clear bins a la Jennifer McGuire and this stamp set was front and centre in my "Occasions" bin, so out it came and this card came together pretty quickly.  The big popcorn pieces were pre-stamped and colored from the last time I used this set, but I quickly colored the popcorn container and put a bit of shading around the ticket.  

I die-cut all the images then arranged them, along with the red fishtail flag banner, onto a white card base.


Everything was adhered with liquid glue apart from the clapperboard and the popcorn container which were popped up on foam tape.  To finish the card I colored all the popcorn with clear sparkle pen.


The DT have created some gorgeous cards as usual, so I hope you'll check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Date Night, Popcorn Background (My Creative Time)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K Designs), Obsidian (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Cherry Crisp (MFT), X-Press It
Dies:  Date Night, Popcorn Background (My Creative Time), Jumbo Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren





11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren this happens to represent our favorite date night … so popping cute!
=]

Cindy H. said...

Wonderful, fun card! I love how you designed it yet keeping with the sketch challenge.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun card Karren! I just LOVE popcorn and so this makes my heart happy! Love your take on the sketch! So creative!

Dawn T said...

Awesome card Karren.

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you layered all the elements! Really fun card, Karren!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this Karen - such a fun card and I'm a big film fan too, can't beat a night at the cinema!

Linda Callahan said...

Love love love this! maybe because I am a movie fan! This is so spot on in every way! I am definitely renting a movie tonight!

Kim S said...

What a fun mix of stamps - especially with the film die cuts in the back! Fabulous use of the sketch!

Jen Timko said...

Oh my word! This is so fabulous! So unique and such fun.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a terrific take on the sketch, Karren! This is so creative and such a fun at the same!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

The detail on this card is amazing! Such a fabulous and unique use of the sketch; great collage style card.