Thursday 30 April 2020

Miss You Heart

Welcome to my latest card for the Freshly Made Sketch Challenge, where this week's hostess is Jen Mitchell.  Jen has come up with a fun and versatile sketch.


For my card, I decided to go white-on-white - always a bear to photograph!  I also decided to go very CAS.


I masked off the heart on a stencil and spread white embossing paste over the exposed heart.  While it was still wet, I sprayed it with shimmer spray, but the camera has picked up the subtle shimmer.  


I stamped a simple sentiment, cut it at an angle and added a gold strip underneath.  And called it done!

Thanks for visiting.  The DT have created some gorgeous cards so I hope you'll check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Missing You (Honey Bee Stamps)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Copper Metallic
Accessories:  Speckled Hearts Stencil (Whimsy Stamps), White EP, Shimmer Spray

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Betty said...

love this card, Karren - and I bet it's even prettier IRL

marilyn said...

Stunningly elegant and perfect!!

Barb Ghig said...

What a lovely surprise that you used your heart stencil for this sketch, Karren! Such a gorgeous card with all that sparkle and dimension...WOW! Great idea to use copper metallic cardstock to contrast your white-on-white color palette, too...Stunning work!

Linda Callahan said...

White on white is always beautiful - your embossed heart is lovely! And just that bit of shine adds to the elegance!

Kim S said...

Truly lovely. So simple yet so many special touches to make wonderfully eye-catching!

I Card Everyone said...

Love it, and it looks beautifully photographed, too! xx
=]

Jen Brum said...

Oh Karren! This card just gives me all the feels. It's so stunning. I can't get over how gorgeous that heart is and all that white...it's so beautiful!

Nora Noll said...

This is so striking!! I LOVE the white on white with the touch of gold. Beautiful design.

Jen Timko said...

This is remarkable! I love every single thing about it. Don't be surprised when a variation shows up with a stamper you know. :-)

Zoechaos said...

You left a lovely comment at My little place on a return visit I find this perfectly CAS and fantastic take on the sketch. x