Thursday 17 December 2020

Missed

 Hi and welcome to the last challenge of the year over at Freshly Made Sketches, where our hostess is Jennifer Timko.

Using Jennifer's sketch I made a card for my angel son, Matthew, who would be 23 today, NZ time.  This is a bit of an odd birthday card, but I can't really wish him a happy birthday and this sentiment sums it all up anyway.



Matthew loves sloths so I have bought several sloth stamps over the last 18 months.  I coloured this one with Copics (very rusty colouring!) and fussy-cut the images.  I adhered some patterned paper onto a black panel and then used foam tape to add the sloth pieces.  The card base is pale gray.



Thanks for visiting!  I hope you'll visit the challenge blog and see the cards made by the rest of the design team.  This challenge is open for a few weeks to give people time to join in over the Christmas period.


Products used:

Stamps:  Sloth Peeker (Impression Obsession), Greetings & Salutations (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K), Versamark
Cardstock:  Soft Stone (PTI), Black Licorice (MFT), X-Press It, Whatever the Weather (SugarPea Designs)
Accessories:  White EP, Copics

Cheers
Karren







8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Big hugs, Karren... truly a darling little peeker!
=]

Amy O said...

This sloth is adorable, and the card is a lovely tribute to Matthew. Sending hugs your way, Karren!

Linda Callahan said...

Your angel is smiling at this one! A fabulous close up of a sloth - complete with magnificent fingernails!

Barb Ghig said...

Your Copic coloring is always fabulous, Karren...fur can be tricky, but you definitely nailed it!
I think
.if Matthew was here, he would love this adorable sloth :) I'm sure his birthday and the holidays are very difficult for you...sending big hugs to you, my friend ~ xx

Kim S said...

What a lovely remembrance. I bet this sweet and quirky guy is an amazing reminder of Matthew. I am thinking of you during this holiday season.

Jacquie Southas said...

Hugs, Karren, as you make it through another birthday without Matthew. This is a sweet card that says it all.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fabulous card Karren! I don't think your colouring is rusty at all and Matthew would definitely love this sloth! He's super cute! Sending you big hugs my friend!!!

Michelle said...

Sending hugs, Karren. This card is absolutely gorgeous - fabulous colouring and very cute sloth. xxx