Saturday 21 August 2021

Organic Thanks

 I'm just popping in with a card made for a few challenges.  We are in the middle of what is hopefully only a 7-day lockdown here in New Zealand and that means I get a bit more time to stamp.  I made this card for the challenges at Tic-Tac-Toe (Alpha Dies/Red/Apple), the sketch at Just Add Ink and the colours from Color Throwdown.



I stamped and coloured up this crate of apples by Power Poppy then fussy-cut it out.  I took a white card base and embossed it with the Subtle embossing folder before adding a strip of woodgrain patterned paper and a thinner strip of yellow polka dot paper.




The sentiment was die-cut three times and stacked together (a fiddly job, trust me!)  I then used added it to the card base.  I finished by adding foam tape behind the apples before adhering to the card base.  Originally I stamped the image in London Fog ink for more of a no-line look but after colouring it, I ended up over-stamping with Versafine Onyx Black because I guess I'm one of those people who likes black outlines.  Luckily I hadn't removed the stamp from my Misti so it all lined up perfectly.


Thanks for visiting!





Products used:

Stamps:  Farmers Market (Power Poppy)
Ink:  Memento London Fog, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Enchanted Evening (PTI), Wood & Notebook Basics (Snap), Itsy Bitsy Polka Dots (MFT)
Dies:  Urban Alphabet Lower & Upper (Memory Box)
Accessories:  Copics, Subtle EF (SU)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout-out at Tic-Tac-Toe and Just Add Ink.




12 comments:

Sarn said...

Great colouring on this lovely card. Hope your lockdown isn’t for too long.

Chantell Randall said...

Lockdown is the perfect time for crafting. Hope you find it relaxing.
Your colouring is beautiful - I really like the way you have made this sweet image the Hero of your card. Chantell Just Add Ink

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...


Karren,
Your nice coloring makes the apples and wooden box look so real!! Great card! Thanks for joining us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!

Stef Perry said...

Such a nice fall look with the crate of apples, Karren! Love your coloring, and I am in awe of your fussy cutting skills. So glad you joined the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week! Take care and stay safe!

Broni said...

What a wonderful Fall card, Karren! Love it! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

KimB said...

Your colouring, as always, is just perfect Karren! That box of apples looks ready to eat and I love the bright pop of red. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

LeAnne said...

This is SO cute! Love that little crate of apples, but those fiddly words! They're worth all the effort! Thanks for playing with the Tic Tac Toe challenge too!

Cécile RIBON said...

s always, I'm totally wowed by your amazing coloring skill. This crate of apples is just fabulous.

Linda Callahan said...

I like a black outline as well……and there are no words for your mad coloring talent! That crate of apples is truly fabulous!

Silke Ledlow said...

Awesome card! Thank you for playing with us!

Barb Ghig said...

When I grow up, I want to learn how to color with my Copic markers just like you :) I love all the texture on this card and your lovely red apples are just perfect Great job combining challenges, too ~ xx