Monday 9 January 2023

Triangle Birthday

 Hi and welcome!  Yesterday was my last day before heading back to work after the holiday break 😞.  While I didn't make as many cards as I would have liked, I did spend a huge amount of time adding about 80% of my "current" stamps and dies into Evernote.  I started using Evernote about 6 years ago but got slack and the thought of adding all my earlier supplies was too daunting.  But with the amount of product that I double (and triple) buy, I decided to invest the time and be more disciplined about keeping it up-to-date.  As of now, I only have sentiment dies, floral dies and tag dies plus all my stencils left to catalogue.  Then, of course, there are all my old wood-mounted stamps....  In the last week I've added 1373 stamps and dies and I've still got to go back and add suitable tags.  But it does feel good to have the bulk of the initial data entry done, even if it did come at the expense of stamping time.

But enough waffle.  Today's card was made by the current Color Hues challenge of light pink and gold.  I immediately wanted to use my new Waffle Flower stencil with these colours and came up with this card.


I tried really hard to get the gold pigment ink to show its gorgeous shimmer in the photos, but no luck, so just imagine there is lovely shimmer to the gold.  I used Pink Champagne ink from Catherine Pooler for the pink and Enchanted Gold Pigment ink from Altenew for the gold and blended over the Layered Triangles stencils from Waffle Flower.  While it was drying, I also blended the two colours of ink onto scraps of white card and die-cut the sentiment.  I added a black sentiment behind the pink and gold layers which you can see from the side, and then brought in the black frame to tie it together.


Finally, I finished with some gold enamel dots from Honey Bee Stamps.


I'm also entering this into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge which is Something New and Darnell's NBUS challenge.  Both the stencil and die are new.




Products used:

Ink:  Pink Champagne (Catherine Pooler), Enchanted Gold Pigment Ink (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Black
Dies:  Happy Birthday (Couture Creations), Fine Frames Cover (Altenew)
Accessories:  Layering Triangles Stencil (Waffle Flower), Autumn Enamel Dots (Honey Bee Stamps)

Cheers
Karren

This card got a shout out at Color Hues

13 comments:

Karen said...

This stencil has been on my wish list for a long time, and your beautiful card tells me why! The design is so versatile and open to many colors, but the pink and gold make for a very elegant card! Love the die cut sentiment as well. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Sharon Madsen said...

Really beautiful card!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Karren! This is such a gorgeous birthday sentiment! A showstopper with the most beautiful backup singing stencil! LOve that pink champagne - it's obvious I have lots of colors missing from my CP collection. I see that shimmer!
=]

Nancy said...

Karen, I am head over heels in love with this card! It is stunning and so creative!!! Then I read about your monumental task of updating your collection in Evernote. I so badly need to start this as I spend too much time looking for my sentiments. Thanks for totally inspiring me this morning with this card and for joining us at Color Hues! Happy New Year as well!

Bobby said...

I've been working on my Evernote too, Karren, and have a long way to go. I started 5 years ago and have bought way too much product since then that hasn't been entered. It may take the rest of the year but I'll get it done.
I love your triangle card in the pink and gold. So lovely with the birthday word dies.

Linda Callahan said...

This is one gorgeous card! I love the fresh modern design! And Evernote?!?! I will never be able to do it! You are my hero and must have a fabulous stash! I got rid of all my wood mount stamps and keep my sets in bins according to manufacturer!

Lisa Elton said...

The graphic background is amazing! This is a pretty card, Karren!

Hannelie said...

Oh my goodness... I LOVE this Karren!
Thanks for playing at Color Hues!

Darnell said...

I love your take on the challenge, Karren! It's a thoughtful design with the black outlining and border and I love that the design and colors work for either a guy or a gal! I think guys like a little gold shimmer, too! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS and bravo for all the Evernote updating! Hugs, Darnell

Stef Perry said...

Wowzers, Karren, your choice of a geometric design with these colors is so striking! And the touch of black is just perfect. Yup, swooning over this card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Jen Mitchell said...

I am imagining the shimmer and it's wonderful! I love this color combo and the geometric design. The bit of black around the edges is a nice contrast too! I admire your commitment to entering your supplies into Evernote. I started using it years ago and have completely slacked off keeping it updated with old or new supplies. One of these days.....

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - this is stunning Karren - love the drama with those two soft colours
Blessings
Maxine

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Karren, you have rocked our colors with this card! The stencils and hues you applied look amazing! What a beautiful design in every way. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!