Friday 2 June 2023

Par Avion

Hi and welcome to a new challenge from the Tic Tac Toe team.  This week I went with Travel, Die-cut, Antique for my card.



 This background stamp is a very old wood-mounted stamp from a company called Just For Fun.  I don't think they are in business anymore but I have had this since the early 2000's and I think this was the first time I used it!  I white heat-embossed it onto a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock, then ink-blended with various colours of ink.  Once I was finished, I die-cut it with the largest of the Postal Frames dies then added Vintage Photo ink along the edges to darken them up and splattered some S'Mores ink onto the panel.  I die-cut a black postage edge frame and off-set that slightly before adhering to the cream card base.


I stamped and die-cut the envelope, envelope liner, note and wax seal and added a tiny bit of ink to the edges for an aged look, before adhering it all to the card.  Finally, I added Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the wax seal and left it to dry.


Thanks so much for visiting.  Please check out the wonderful cards made by the Design Team.


Products used:

Stamps:  Background Stamp from Just For Fun Stamps, Signed & Sealed (The Greetery)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark, Ginger, Terracotta, Sand Castle, S'Mores (Catherine Pooler), Antique Linen, Vintage Photo Distress Inks
Cardstock:  Bristol Smooth, Black, Whip Cream (MFT)
Dies:  Signed & Sealed, Postal Frames (The Greetery), 
Accessories:  Clear EP, Nuvo Crystal Glaze

Cheers
Karren 

9 comments:

Denise Willerton said...

Lovely card Karren ~ I love the white heat embossed blended panel ~ STUNNING!!!! and I understand missing our loved ones ~ lost my sister when she was 18 years old ~ already 43 years ago, and still very much loved and missed ((hugs))

Dawn T said...

stunning Karren. A gorgeous card.

I Card Everyone said...

Karren this is just fabulous! You achieved a crisp stamping with that wood-mount stamp - something I was never able to pull off!
Your design is so fantastic, and all the elements work so well together!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the stamp, and that you stamped it in white, love your envelope too. A beautiful card.
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

Love the vintage look and fabulous layers! Wonderful card, Karren!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love how you have used the challenge for this fabulous card Karren - isn't it great when we finally use an old NBUS!! Your shading is fabulous and it really does look old!
Blessings
Maxine

Linda Callahan said...

Love this - fun card!

Ina G said...

Fabulous vintage card Karren. Very clever and creative. The wax seal is a great finisher. So happy to be Guesting with you for this challenge.

Judy Rozema said...

Such an awesome vintage card. I love the wax. I need to play that challenge! I have always loved TTT!