Thursday 28 March 2024

Good Things

 Hi and welcome!  Today's card uses the latest sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches where our hostess is Amy O'Neill.  I really feel like I phoned in my card this week.  This year my mojo has been sadly lacking and it seems that everything I try turns to crap.  So this version is completely different to what I had envisaged and came together in about 10 minutes because I was over the whole thing by this stage.


You can sort of see the sketch in my card.  The brick embossing is the horizontal panel and the washi tape is the oval element.  The sentiment is a reverse hot-foiled sentiment from my stash.


Thanks so much for visiting and apologies for the short post.


Products used:

Cardstock:  White
Dies:  Sunflowers, Wonderful Sentiments Hot Foil and Die (Pink Fresh)
Accessories:  Sunflowers Washi (Pink Fresh), Brick Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz)

Cheers
Karren




10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Don't apologize for one thing, Karren! Your card is wonderful - and your MOJO [and good things] will find you again, I promise!
xx
=]

Lynda said...

Lovely colours of washi tape. I hope you get out of your funk soon - a fab card despite all your misgivings. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A stunning card. I'm with you and lack of mojo. Maybe when the sun shines it will get better? x

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the brick embossed element with the gorgeous washi! Beautiful design, Karren, even if it wasn't what you were trying to get on paper.

Dawn T said...

It's fabulous Karren. You are too hard on yourself. Sometimes things just don't go how we imagine... but the results can be just as incredible.

kiwimeskreations said...

A stunning card Karren - I certainly would not have known you MOJO had got up and gone!! may it return soon.
I also hate it when I can't seem to get cards to do what I want them to, when I finally do get to making one.
Blessings
Maxine

Amy O said...

I'm sorry you're having a frustrating time with crafting. I hope the joy returns soon. You've made a beautiful card. I just wish it had been more fun making it.

Jen Brum said...

Mojo seems to come and go. I think you've been making beautiful cards and this one is fantastic. Those flowers are beautiful! You find the prettiest washi! Okay now I need to look into reverse hot foiling since I have this sentiment set!!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a charming take on the sketch, Karren! I love this brick embossing panel and that flowery image is so striking.

marilyn said...

It's a lovely card and your post just made me laugh..a bit! Haven't we all been there? Nice to know we all have company when our mojo has disappeared for a while!