Thursday, 30 July 2026

Best Ever

Today's sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches was designed by Kim Singdahlsen.  Originally I was going to use butterflies for the circular elements but couldn't get them to look right, so veered off on a tangent and went with gears for a masculine card.


I embossed onto a panel of kraft cardstock and went over the embossed areas lightly with white ink.  The gears were cut from watercolour cardstock and then spritzed with various distress spray stains.  I arranged the gears onto the kraft panel and adhered them down.  

 
The sentiment was stamped, embossed and die-cut before being added to the panel.  I then added it all to a black card base and called it done.

Thanks so much for visiting.  Please check out the fabulous cards created by the rest of the design team.


Products used:

Stamps:  Dad Squared (The Greetery)
Ink: Versamark, Unicorn White (Hero Arts)
Cardstock: Black, Kraft (MFT), Watercolour paper
Dies: Dad Squared (The Greetery), Vault Watch Gears (Tim Holtz)
Accessories: Timeless Type EF (SU), Black Soot, Antique Bronze, Tarnished Brass, Brushed Pewter Distress Spray Stains, eyelets

Cheers
Karren

If you enjoyed this post and would like an email when I post new content, please follow me


No comments: