In fact when I saw the sketch, I knew exactly what products would work for it. I had bought this Stamperia die set a couple of months ago, but hadn't used it yet, so the notebook edge, torn rectangle and flowers worked perfectly.
The Good Reading BG stamp was stamped onto Desert Storm cardstock with Frayed Burlap DOX and then ink-blended around the edges before splattering with some Tarnished Brass Distress Spray Stain.
I used watercolour paper and smooshed distress inks to colour the flowers and leaves, then set them aside to dry. Once dry, I spritzed with distress spritz and again left to dry. After that, I die-cut the flowers and leaves and ink-blended around the edges. The rectangle panel was die-cut from patterned paper and ink-blended around the edges with Frayed Burlap distress ink. For the notebook paper, I stamped onto white cardstock with both the notebook stamp and a crackle stamp. After die-cutting, I went over the panel with Antique Linen distress ink to age it up a bit.
I finished with a pre-foiled sentiment and some blue pearls in the centres of the flowers.
Thanks for visiting. The DT have created some gorgeous cards so I hope you'll check them out.
Products used:
Stamps: Good Reading BG, Crackle BG (SSS), Notebook Paper (MFT)
Ink: Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen, Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage, Rustic Wilderness, Salvaged Patina, Broken China, Uncharted Mariner Distress Inks, Broken China, Lost Shadow, Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Inks
Cardstock: White, Desert Storm, watercolour, Traces of Time patterned paper (Aall & Create)
Dies: Notes & Flowers (Stamperia), Essential Sentiments II (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Sweet & Spooky Pearls (Honey Bee Stamps), Gold hot foil, Tarnished Brass Distress Spray Stain, Uncharted Mariner and Rustic Wilderness Distress Spritz
Cheers
Karren
If you enjoyed this post and would like an email when I post new content, please follow me



1 comment:
Karren, you are so right! These elements all work perfectly together! I love hydrangeas - and how is it that I've never seen this awesome background stamp? Fabulous make, my friend!
=]
Post a Comment