Thursday, 24 September 2026

Mushroom Mail

Hi and welcome.  Today's sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches was designed by Donna Mikasa.  For the triangle element on the sketch, I went with an envelope which is sort of triangular.


I stenciled with some crackle paste on the background panel.  While that was drying, I went to work on the envelope and its contents.  The envelope was die-cut from patterned paper and all the elements inside were leftovers from a previous project here.  Once the stenciled panel was dry, I cut a section from it and layered some thin slivers of black cardstock on each end.


The front of the kraft card base was embossed with my new favourite embossing folder - Cracked Leather - which gives a subtle impression to lift a plain card base.  I finished with a twine bow on the sentiment label.

Thanks for visiting!  Please check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.


Products used:

Stamps:  Envelope of Wonder Sentiments (Spellbinders)
Ink: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Gathered Twigs, Lumberjack Plaid, Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Rusty Hinge, Rustic Wilderness Distress Inks, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Cardstock: Neenah Desert Storm, Caramel Toffee (Altenew), Black, White, Salvage District patterned paper (Prima)
Dies: Autumn Wonder (Spellbinders), Labels Eight (Spellbinders), Signed & Sealed (The Greetery)
Accessories:  Linen Thread, Crackle Paste Opaque (Tim Holtz), Old Pages stencil (Finnabair), Cracked Leather Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz)

Cheers
Karren

If you enjoyed this post and would like an email when I post new content, please follow me


1 comment:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, I like your new embossing and every little bit of things you've stuffed this pretty envelope with!