Saturday 12 May 2012

Creative Elements

I didn't get a chance to stamp last weekend, as I spent my usual stamping time taking up the hem on four (yes, four!) pair of work jeans for my husband.  The things we do...LOL

Anyway, I got into my stamp room for a few hours this afternoon and pumped out a couple of cards.  This first one is for the Freshly Made Sketches and Just Add Ink challenges.














And here is my card:


I'm quite happy with how this came out, with lots of lovely white space.  I cut a circle using a nestie then before removing the die, I did some sponging and stamped the flourish image using So Saffron for both. Love this look!

Products used (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated):

Stamps:  Creative Elements; Signature Greetings (PTI)
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Daffodil Delight; Brights DSP; Subtles DSP
Ink:  So Saffron; Daffodil Delight; Black Stazon
Accessories:  Circle Nesties; Pearls; Daffodil Delight Satin Ribbon

Edited to Add:  This card was chosen for one of the Perfect Princess Awards at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Cheers
Karren




10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh I love yellow! This is lovely!

Patrice said...

This has turned out beautifully Karren. Love that sponged nestie. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Christine Blain said...

This is gorgeous, Karren! I love the softness of the sponged and stamped circle, in contrast to the crisp layers of paper. Love that satin ribbon. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

Mae's Cachet said...

What a bright cheery card, your use of the layers and sponging etc have come together so well. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

Tara Bourgoin said...

Wonderfully soft and soothing card! The yellows are so gorgeous!

Lesley said...

Wow, I love this with the yellow hues and the pretty punch of white. Just awesome Karren. Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Bernadette Bliss said...

Had to take a peek . I saw this card over at FMS. Love the colors and the butterflies.

Jen Mitchell said...

What a beautiful use of yellow! I love the butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Karen I just love how this turned out and that satin ribbon looks lovely!
Great entry for Just Add Ink this week.

Trish
JAI Design Team

Diane Barnes said...

Beautiful card Karren. Great use of the colours & sketch with beautiful stamping. Love it.