Sunday 13 May 2012

Dynamic Duos #2

Here is my card for the second Dynamic Duos Challenge.  I couldn't play along last week due to other commitments so I'm glad I got an hour today to whip up a card using the challenge colors of So Saffron and Pool Party.



I used the Emboss Resist technique with this card, which produced a nice soft image, which I feel goes well with the challenge colors.  I was trying to decide what little embellishments to put on the flags when I remembered seeing a card by Deb Fearns which used the heart from the Owl Punch.  So I used Deb's idea as inspiration for my little hearts.

Products Used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Pretty Petals; Curly Cute
Cardstock:  Pool Party; So Saffron; Whisper White; In Color 2011-13 DSP; Subtles DSP
Ink:  Versamark; So Saffron; Basic Black
Accessories:  Owl Punch; Sponge; Pearls

Cheers
Karren



6 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I just love the emboss resist technique and this looks really pretty with that gorgeous stamp set. Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos.

Melissa said...

What a beautiful background you created using the emboss resist! I really like the layered banner strips too! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

Kim S said...

I love that soft background - so sweet and gentle! The banners and hearts are the perfect festive touch without overwhelming the pretty flowers. Thanks for joining in with our Dynamic Duo!

Lisa Elton said...

Soft and lovely Karren and what a pretty font on your sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty, Karren! I love the soft look of the emboss-resist technique with the colors and that image. So glad you joined us this week over at Dynamic Duos! :)

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful! Love the little hearts on the flags; great finishing touch. You do emboss-resist so well!