Sunday 16 September 2012

Christmas Lodge

I'm having my first class in two years in a couple of weeks and need to come up with three Christmas card designs for the class.  As my stamping time is limited, I'm killing two birds with one stone and using challenges as the basis for my designs.  Here is the first one, which covers this week's Freshly Made Sketch challenge:


I've been playing along at FMS most weeks since sketch #20, so decided to choose an earlier sketch.  Sketch #6 flipped on its side worked for the lodge image from Christmas Lodge, so Sketch #6 it is.

I stamped the lodge in Early Espresso on Crumb Cake, then colored the snow-covered parts with my white gel pen (saw this technique at a friend's house on Friday...thanks, Vicki LOL).  I used the Northern Flurry EF on both the Cherry Cobbler background and the Crumb Cake strip.  The sentiment comes from Delightful Decorations.  I used a tiny bit of Dazzling Details on the star.


Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Christmas Lodge, Delightful Decorations
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake; Early Espresso; Cherry Cobbler
Ink:  Early Espresso; Cherry Cobbler
Accessories:  Northern Flurry EF; 1" and 1 1/4" circle punches; Tasteful Trim Die; Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon; white gel pen

Cheers
Karren




4 comments:

Kim S said...

Very rich - truly beautiful colors and I love the snow!

Cindy Hall said...

Very beautiful card. Great colors and I love the way you used the embossing. This will be great for your class! Thank you for joining us for our first anniversary at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lesley said...

Nice card Karren, the embossing on the side panel is really nice and adds to the festive feel of your card! Thank you for joining us for our first anniversary at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Suarez said...

Hi Karren! Beautiful card! Great job on the image and I love the colors you chose. Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!