Tuesday 4 March 2014

Houndstooth Christmas

Hi everyone and welcome back to Merry Monday!  


I have to confess - I really struggled with this challenge.  I don't have any country-themed Christmas stamps so I had to find other things to provide the country charm.

I used the patterned paper to give the country feel and then used a die cut that had what I consider to be country-looking angels on.  The stitching was paper piercing and I used a token button!

The inside was finished very simply.


Thanks for looking.  If you check out the rest of the DT cards, you'll see some beautiful cards with real country charm!

Products used:

Cardstock:  Riding Hood Red, Holiday Treasures DSP, Early Espresso
Accessories:  Couture Creations "Angel" die, Essentials paper piercing kit, Crumb Cake Baker's Twine, Neutrals Button

Cheers
Karren

17 comments:

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous, Karren! That DSP gives this a country feel and I think the font in your Merry Christmas die does too! Wonderful stitching and I love the button with twine! Fantastic card! Have a wonderful week! :)

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely die cut with the angels! love the green herringbone and your pretty panels!

Bonnie said...

Love that die cut and the houndstooth paper! The curled twine is a great touch!

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card Karren, what fun paper and I love the die cuts.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

The die cut you used is so pretty and perfect. Love the twine and paper piercing too!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty die cut and papers! The button and the piercing are great!! Have a wonderful week!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Karren, love your design and how you made that great die cut pop!

Susan Joyce said...

Karren, the die cuts do add a touch of country and with the DSP, button and twine it all adds to your cards country charm.

Joni Andaya said...

Ooh...Karren what a cool die-cut!!! Love it so much!

Katie Melhus said...

I think your country details are spot-on! That patterned paper is nice and cozy, and your card looks great. (I must confess that it took me 3 tries to make this card, too!)

Karen Davis said...

You have captured the country theme perfectly Karren. The paper piercing is so even!! I love the angel die, it is so detailed, and looks wonderful on the DSP's you have used.

Lesley said...

WOW!~ Gorgeous die and inspiration, Karren!

Nancy Thomas said...

I've never seen that die - it's gorgeous as is your card.

Greta said...

Unique & lovely card!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That die cut is fabulous! The houndstooth and the twine give your card a nice country feel as well. I like seeing what people come up with for "country." That was a rough one for me as well. I have the one stamp!

Lori Turner said...

I struggled with this one too, Karren - but you did fantastic! Love the papers you chose, and that die is so cool!! AWESOME!

Margaret Moody said...

You did a great job with the challenge, Karren! I love your angels!