Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Quirky Christmas

Hi and welcome to the 100th Merry Monday challenge!  What an accomplishment!  For nearly 2 years Lesley has been helping us to create Christmas cards regularly rather than in a massive rush at Christmas!


To celebrate the 100th challenge we have a choice - sketch or colors or both.  I combined the challenges to come up with this:



I'm not a fan of pink normally but I do love bright pink and lime green together - it's such a modern and bright combo.  I chose a cute and whimsical stamp to go with these colors.  As cute and whimsical is not a regular occupant in my craft room, I was limited, but Polar Party came to the rescue.  I stamped the trees image and colored with Copics. 

As I don't have any pink/green patterned paper, I made my own, using a Tim Holtz stencil and sponging on Melon Mambo ink.  I then moved the stencil and sponged on some Lucky Limeade ink.  The green panels were dry embossed before being cut.



Here's a peek at the inside.



Thanks for looking.  Head on over to the challenge blog to check out the amazing creations from the rest of the DT.

Products used:

Stamps:  Polar Party
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade
Cardstock:  Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, Xpress-it
Accessories:  Copic Markers, White Organza Ribbon, Tim Holtz stencil

Cheers
Karren

21 comments:

Lesley Croghan said...

Ack! Adorable trees! Love them on the inside too! Great festive card, Karren! Happy St. Patty's Day!

Lori said...

OMGOSH Karren, those trees are super cute!!! Have a super week :)

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

SO fun!! Love that polka dot paper too!!!

Deanne :)

Katie Melhus said...

Karren when I saw your card I was so jealous that I didn't think to use this stamp, its just perfect! And you MADE that polka dot paper? Wow, it's just awesome. Such a pretty card!

Stacey Schafer said...

darling trio of fun, Karren!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very fun card! I love that you made your own polka dot paper! So creative. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Bonnie said...

Perfect, Karren!!!!! Love these little trees and I love the paper banners! Have a great week!

Wendy said...

Love this card, Karren! These are great colors together and the tree image is perfect! Have a wonderful week! :)

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Wonderful card, Karren! Exceptional coloring and love how you did the inside too!

Darnell J Knauss said...

You may not do cute and whimsical often, Karren, but when you do, you ROCK them! I am swooning over this delight!! Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Darnell

Joni nina Andaya said...

How CUTE are those trees Karren....Fabulous :)

Susan Joyce said...

Love how you coloured your trees, so fun and that you finished off the inside. Fantastic card.

Scrappy Géri said...

Oh wow I love your take on the challenge Karren :)

Deb Pielmeier said...

One of my favorite stamp sets..You did a great job!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Karren, I love your trees they are so cute.

Karen D said...

You have done pink proud Karren. I love the tree image, so beautifully coloured. A gorgeous card.

Linda Callahan said...

I do love me some quirky! This is adorable!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a fun, whimsical card!

Judy1223 said...

Those cutie trees lend themselves perfectly to this fun color combo -- very quirky and fun!

Greta said...

What a fun, modern card!

Margaret Moody said...

Such a great card, Karren! I love your trio of trees! So fun and festive!