Wednesday 17 August 2016

I Chews You


Hi and welcome to another fabulous challenge from SugarPea Designs.  This week we have a vintage themed inspiration photo as well as a gorgeous CAS sketch.



If you follow my blog, it won't surprise you that I followed the sketch!  While I love vintage, I'm not very good at vintage-style cardmaking, so I stuck with what I know and came up with this fun card:


It's Pete's and my 25th anniversary of our engagement this month - yep, we've been engaged for 25 years and never bothered getting married - you can't rush these things :)  Anyway, we're going away for a weekend soon and I plan on giving him this card.  I gave the couple non-zombie skin tones as I didn't want to frighten Pete away haha!


The card is pretty self-explanatory.  I colored the image with Copics and mounted onto a Soft Stone card base adding a thin strip of black top and bottom to frame the image.  The heart comes from the Talk is Chic set and was stamped in Lipstick ink and fussy-cut.  I then colored it with clear Wink of Stella.

Thanks for visiting!
Here are the guidelines to join in our challenge:

  • Create a new card or project using the sketch provided.
  • SugarPea Designs stamps are NOT required to play along or to win but would be appreciated :)
  • You may rotate/flip the sketch & replace shapes – so long as the original sketch layout is recognizable.
  • Upload to your blog or other Online Gallery using Keyword: SPDMIU12 so that we may check out your beautiful work.
  • One randomly selected winner will receive a $25 Gift Certificate to the SugarPea Designs store. However, if the winning entry features a SugarPea Designs stamp we will increase the prize to $50!
  • We will announce our Main Winner at the end of each month.
  • The more times you play along during the month, the better chance you have of winning!
Be sure to visit the rest of the design team - they have some wonderful inspiration for you:




Products used:

Stamps:  Undying LoveTalk is Chic (SugarPea Designs)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid (MFT), Lipstick (SSS)
Cardstock:  Soft Stone (PTI), X-Press It, Black
Accessories:  Copics, Wink of Stella

Cheers
Karren


4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is a hoot ..... And then some! Totally fun and oh so perfectly colored! Happy 25!

Karen Davis said...

I am giggling here. Such a fun card, the sentiment is so gorgeous.

Aileen said...

Love thos c, the stamped images and sentiment gave me a giggle. Engaged for 25 years, honestly theres no point in rushing these things. While change what works I say.

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, how FUN this is, Karren! I love that you chose zombies, and your coloring is amazing! Love the charming heart in the corner, too!
Happy anniversary to you and Pete! I think it's really great that you haven't gone to the alter yet...why ruin a good thing, right? I think he's going to love this card :) Enjoy your weekend away...you deserve it!!!