Thursday 27 July 2017

You're Amazing

Hi and welcome!  I'm back with a card using the latest sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is the delightful and talented Linda Callahan.  And check out the fun and versatile sketch Linda has for us:




I immediately saw the angled panel as negative space, so took a panel of white cardstock and cut it from corner to corner, then took a strip off each angled panel.  I did a bit of stenciling on the left hand panel, stamped part of the sentiment then adhered both panels to a black card base using foam tape.


From there it was a simple matter of die-cutting the "because" twice - once in lime and once in black and slightly offsetting the black layer to create a shadow.  Some black Nuvo drops finished the card.  Easy as!



Thanks for visiting!  Head on over to the blog and check out the fabulous creations by the rest of the DT.

I'm linking this up to the black, white and one other color challenge at The Challenge.

Image may contain: text

Products used:

Stamps:  Because (MFT)
Ink:  Twisted Citron Distress Ink, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Black, Sour Apple (MFT)
Dies:  Because (MFT)
Accessories:  Triangle Grid Stencil (MFT), Nuvo Crystal Drops

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

And this card is amazing too! I love the bit of ink work in the corner and the black and green is a fabulous combo! Think I need some of those drops!

I Card Everyone said...

Really sharp, and LOve the lime/black color combo, Karren!
=]

Linda said...

This is so striking with the green. Beautiful card.

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning card...love that gorgeous green! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Challenge.

Barb Ghig said...

Love your stenciling and that you chose lime green and black for your color palette! Awesome card, Karren!

Cara said...

This is such a striking card, a great take on the sketch x

Jen Brum said...

This card is so beautiful Karren! I love the stencilling. The colour is amazing. I always forget I can shadow my die cuts. I need to come and stay with you for a while so you can teach me!!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Ooh, I love that bold black space! It really shows off the two triangle layers and looks fantastic with the green stenciling and die cut sentiment.

Jen Timko said...

Wow!!! That stenciling is perfect! What a striking card with the green and black!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is sooooo cool! I am loving that green stencilled area - you really need to teach me how to do that!

Kim S said...

I so love how you've done the stenciling with a diagonal edge - fabulous, fun look!