Friday 28 July 2017

Fairy Orbs

Welcome to my blog!  I'm back with another challenge from Just Add Ink and this week we have a sketch by Narelle.  Rather than adding layers to my card, I decided to use stamps to mimic the elements in the sketch.



I used a NBUS set called Watercolor Frames for the central splatter and stamped that in Autumn Blaze ink by Altenew.  I then took three other Altenew inks and stamped the Fairy Orbs images in a diagonal pattern at the top left and bottom right of the panel.  The sentiment was stamped and cut out and added to the panel before it was adhered to a white card base using foam tape.  I finished the card with some black Nuvo Crystal Drops.



Thanks for visiting!  I hope you have time to check out the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the team and also make a card using this sketch yourself.
Image may contain: text

Products used:

Stamps:  Watercolor Frames (Altenew), Fairy Orbs (Lavinia Stamps), Label Love (Altenew)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Autumn Blaze, Orange Cream, Sunkissed, Warm Sunshine (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White
Dies:  Blueprints 20
Accessories:  Nuvo Crystal Drops

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

OH my GRACIOUS, Karren!!! I just LOVE this!!! did you know orange is a favorite of mine? I'm now putting those oranges on my list!!!
gorgeous card!!!
=]

Cara said...

This is so dramatic, just stunning x

Nora Noll said...

This is AMAZING!!! I LOVE that you stamped that circle in that glorious color!!! This is one of my favorite colors and I think I need these inks!!

Rochelle Blok said...

Gorgeous card Karren! Love the bright and fun colour combo mixed with the white space! Rochelle xo

Lou said...

Such a striking card Karren. Love the collage effect and the beautiful colour combination.

Joanne Stubbings said...

Such an amazing colour combo, makes the card so bright and fresh. A stunning card Karren!

Joanne Stubbings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jan said...

Such a bold and vibrant design Karren! I love that you chose to use colour to create the layers of the sketch - it is so striking and beautifully balanced with the black and white details. I must add some Nuvo drops to my next order too :-) xx

Kelly Kent said...

Stunning single layer card Karren - so clever to use the sketch as elements! Love it! Kelly x

Nikki Spencer said...

Loving this fabulously bold take on the sketch Karren. The pops of black are so striking against the orange...Love it! xx

Barb Ghig said...

Oooh, I really love how you stamped this pattern and your ink colors are amazing, Karren! Really cool design and perfect for a birthday celebration! Great idea to add those fabulous Nuvo drops, too :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is awesome! I love that you've kept your card de-layered and I LOVE those fab vibrant colours!

Patrice said...

Totally funky & very cool that you chose to use your images rather than layer according to the sketch. Love the bright burst of colour on crisp white. x