Monday 16 October 2017

Red, Red Roses

Welcome!  I'm back with another card for the reminder post at The Flower Challenge, who are celebrating their 1st Anniversary!  This month I am one of the Guest Designers (and in very good company, I might add!)

For my favorite flower, I again chose the rose and this time pulled out a very, very old PSX botanical stamp called Hybrid Rose.




I stamped it onto X-Press It cardstock and colored it with Copic markers.  Once I'd finished coloring, I lightly shaded around the image with a pale blue Copic.  As it is quite a formal image, I added a bit of levity to the card by using a higgledy-piggledy sentiment.  The dark gray frame was cut with the Park Avenue die and I fussy-cut around one of the roses so it overhangs the frame slightly.


The sentiment was popped up on foam tape, but the rest of the card is pretty flat, so easy for mailing.

I'm linking this up to Seize the Birthday, who have an Anything Goes challenge as well as Inspired By All The Little Things, where the deep red flowers, green foliage and dark gray (navy?) dress all look so beautiful together.






Products used:

Stamps:  K-1636 (PSX), Label Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:  Intense Black, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  Whtie, X-Press It, Slate (SSS)
Dies:  Park Avenue (Mama Elephant), Label Sentiments (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics

Cheers
Karren

14 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

You are such an artist! These flowers are gorgeous.... And then some!

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Karren! I was just looking through my stamp stash and wishing I had a nice rose. Too bad that company is no longer around. So glad you shared with us at Seize the Birthday!

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL card Karen! The roses look awesome! Thank you for joining us this week!

Wanda Cullen said...

Karren, this is absolutely stunning!! Love the depth you achieved with your coloring...it really pops in the gallery! Always love seeing your cards in the Inspired By gallery!

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful!

Barb Ghig said...

Gasp!!! Oh my gosh Karren, when I grow up I want to learn how to color with my Copics just like you :) Your roses are absolutely gorgeous and I love how you have framed them in gray! A truly stunning card!

Rita W said...

Wow, Karren! This is amazing! Gorgeous flowers!

Marjeta said...

Fabulous card. Stamp is fantastic.

Marjeta

maria f. said...

Wowzers! Those red roses are amazing.

Karen Dunbrook said...

wow Karren..the rich, elegant colour you achieved on your roses is just amazing...they pop!and look gorgeous.
xx Karen

Viv said...

Fabulous card and such gorgeous flowers too Karen, just adore those red roses! Thank you for being our guest designer this month, much appreciated and lovely to see you back again ;) hugs Viv xx

Colleen said...

OMG! Those flowers are just stunning! Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Cara said...

Just beautiful, so glad you could join us this month x

Desperatehousewifecraft said...

What a amazingly gorgeous card! I love how deep the red is. Thanks for the inspiration!