Wednesday 18 October 2017

Santa Paws

Hi and welcome!  I'm here with a card using the latest sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, where our hostess this week is the delightfully funny and super-talented Linda Callahan.  And here is Linda's sketch:



I saw a shaker circle in the sketch and couldn't shake it (get it! 😁) so that's the direction I took.  I'm definitely into Christmas card mode now, helped in no small part by all the fabulous releases out there!



I created my shaker window with Mama Elephant dies, including the box die and then went to work on my stamped elements.  This dog from Happy Pawlidays is just adorable and after I colored and cut him out, I added Glossy Accents to the lights and a Snow Marker to the fur around his hat.  BUT, I forgot to shake it before using it so it came out all thin and didn't fluff up properly.  Doh!


The sentiments were gold embossed - the first one onto heat-resistant acetate and the second onto a strip of Poppy cardstock.  The box and puppy are popped up on foam tape.


Thanks so much for visiting!  The Design Team have some gorgeous cards to inspire you to play along so I hope you'll head on over and check them out.

I'm sneaking in under the wire to add this to the gallery at Just Add Ink who have  Just Add Two challenge - I've used colouring and sequins.  I'm also playing along at Addicted to Stamps and More in their CAS challenge.



Products used:

Stamps:  Happy Pawlidays (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Desert Storm (Neenah), Poppy (MFT), X-Press It
Dies:  All Prettied Up (Mama Elephant)
Accessories:  Copics, Glossy Accents, Snow Marker, Gold EP, Sequins

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Just Add Ink.

17 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow this is totally gorgeous! Love me a shaker but I'm too lazy to make one....and that pooch is just the cutest!

Patrice said...

Oh yay, you came back to play! Completely adorable little pooch, & love that you've created a shaker. Would you believe I haven't made a single Christmas card yet? It's not going to be much longer though....thanks for sharing your cute card at JAI this week. x

KimB said...

OM Goodness Karren this is too cute for words! I love that sweet puppy dog and you should never resist the urge to make a shaker! Totally fun! So nice to have join us at Just Add Ink this week. x

Jan said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely gorgeous Karren! Your shaker window is so pretty and your puppy so sweet and beautifully coloured as always and I love how you’ve placed him in the box to play! I am waiting for this set to arrive and am loving your inspiration. So lovely to see you in the gallery at Just Add Ink this week. xx

I Card Everyone said...

Karren I am now adding this set to the list of those I 'wish I'd bought'! You've created a darling card - I'll bet you won't stop at one! xx
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Really cute shaker card, Karren! Beautiful coloring on the pup and I love how he's sitting in the box getting into mischief with all the tree lights...so FUN, and a fabulous take on the sketch!

Claire Broadwater said...

Love, Love, Love this adorable shaker card, Karren! That little puppy is precious! XX

Tina said...

Oh, wow! This is just too cute! The puppy wrapped in lights is so sweet! Good to see you playing along with us at Just Add Ink x

Amy O said...

Adorable -- the pup and the sentiments! And I love the box he's in -- it really looks like cardboard. Beautifully done, Karren!

Linda Callahan said...

This is beyond adorable! I love the scallop diecuts and that sweet pup! And you made a shaker?!?! Someday.......

Viv said...

So gorgeous Karren and love that sweet puppy too ;)hugs Viv xx

Debbie Mageed said...

I just had to drop by to say how much I love this adorable little Pawliday card! Who wouldn't love it though? Your coloring is incredible!! The next time I see a circle in a sketch, I will try channeling your great shaker card!

Donna said...

Oh my, your card is SO ADORABLE!!!! And I specifically was wondering about the heat embossing on the acetate so am glad you mentioned that in your description. I don't know about a fluffy pen; but it sounds cool! LOVE your sweet, fun card, TFS!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card Karren! I love that little puppy and your amazing colouring. The shaker box is such an amazing idea! Love those scalloped dies. They are just so pretty!

Nora Noll said...

This is SO CUTE!! I love the little puppy IN THE BOX!!! Amazing!

Jen Mitchell said...

This so adorable! The puppy, the sentiment, the shaker, your fab coloring = one fantastic card!

Jen Timko said...

This little guy just cracks me up! Something about his face says "I meant to do this!". Love the shaker!!