Wednesday 21 November 2018

Snowflakes

Welcome!  It's time for another sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches and this week our challenge hostess is Kim Singdahlsen

I sort of went a bit over-sized with a couple of my elements, but I think you can still see the sketch.



The background panel is one I embossed and ink-blended a few weeks ago for another project and ended up going in a different direction.  So this card was reasonably quick to whip up . I die-cut the panel with a Mod Rectangle Stax die and adhered it to a white card base.  The sentiment is embossed with the same gold EP onto Blu Raspberry cardstock.


For the snowflake I also gold-embossed that onto Blu Raspberry and cut it out with the co-ordinating die.  I made a smaller snowflake with vellum and adhered them both together before gluing them both to a gold sparkle circle.  I finished with a clear droplet in the centre.


Thanks for visiting!  The DT have some gorgeous cards, so please head on over and check them out.

I'm playing along with 4 Crafty Chicks Snowflake challenge, as well as Simon Says Stamp All That Glitters is Gold and Southern Girls Inks and Sprays (hope ink-blending counts?)

Southern Girls Challenge


Play Badge


Products used:

Stamps:  Cool Christmas, Simply Snowflakes (MFT), Outline Snowflakes BG (SSS)
Ink:  Versamark, Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink
Cardstock:  White, Bristol Smooth, Blu Raspberry, Vellum, Gold Sparkle (MFT)
Dies:  Double Stitched Circle Stax, Simply Snowflakes, Mod Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Antique Gold EP, Clear Droplet (Pretty Pink Posh)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Southern Girls.


11 comments:

Dawn T said...

Beautiful card Karren. The background is really gorgeous.

Lyn said...

Beautiful card Karen <3

I Card Everyone said...

Really lovely blending, Karren... sigh... I just don't know how you do it so seamlessly!
A gorgeous blizzard!!
=]

Jen Mitchell said...

Love your snowflake background. The gold embossing gives this such an elegant look.

Linda Callahan said...

Elegant and oh so gorgeous! Snowstorms here don’t look that elegant! ❄️

Jen Brum said...

Oh wow! This card is just gorgeous Karren! I love that panel you've created and the gold embossing makes everything so elegant! So beautiful!

Amy O said...

I love the different shades of blue together, and that snowflake is gorgeous! Beautiful card, Karren!

Barb Ghig said...

Your ink blending is flawless, Karren! I love that you chose gold to emboss on all those pretty blues and your layered snowflake is gorgeous! I love how you used the Mod Rectangle on your design, too!

Lori said...

Very pretty card! Love the embossed snowflakes. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Southern Girls Challenge! -Lori DT

Anne said...

Beautiful card,love the colour combo! Thanks for joining up at Southern Girls Challenge - Anne DT

Kim S said...

Gorgeous! LOVE the blended blues and aquas with the golden snowflakes!