Thursday 29 November 2018

Challenge Me a Stencil

Hi and welcome!  I'm here today playing along with Michelle Lupton in her annual Challenge Me a Christmas Card event.  I chose to use stencils in our cards - one of my favourite things to do and as my other favourite thing to do is Copic colouring, I decided to include that as well 😄


I have just bought the Radiating Stars stencil by Neat & Tangled and decided to use that with some distress ink and glimmer paste.  I positioned the stencil off-centre on a panel of white cardstock die-cut with a stitched rectangle die.  I then blended on some Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron ink from the bottom left, fading out as I got to the top right.  Once that was finished, I removed and cleaned the stencil before re-positioning it on the panel.  I then took some Moonstone Glimmer Paste and applied a thin layer of that over the stencil.  Once that was done, I set it aside to dry while I worked on the poinsettia.


After I coloured the poinsettia and a couple of leaves, I cut them out with my Scan n Cut and adhered the leaves behind the flower.  I used some Antique Gold EP to emboss the sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock which I then die-cut with a stitched fishtail flag die.  I adhered that behind the flower then added both the flower and sentiment to the stenciled panel with foam tape.

Finally, I adhered the whole panel to a white card base and added some glitter drops to the centre of the poinsettia.  Here's another shot of that gorgeous shimmer.


Thanks, Michelle, for inviting me to play along again this year.


If you haven't already, head on over to Michelle's blog and see all her Challenge Me cards.  They're fabulous!



Products used:

Stamps:  Poinsettia Delight (Poppy Stamps), Birdie Brown Greetings Galore (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam, Versamark, Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachiom Peacock Feathers Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Black Licorice
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax, Stitched Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Radiating Star Stencil (Neat & Tangled), Antique Gold EP, Moonstone Glimmer Paste (Nuvo), White Blizzard Glitter Drops (Nuvo)

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

Michelle Lupton said...

The addition of the glimmer paste over the distress ink with the stencil is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for being my guest today 😄

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christmas card, Karren! I love the effect of the Glimmer Paste over those beautiful shades of green and your Poinsettia is stunning! I also love how you placed the stencil on your card...so clever, my friend!

Jen W. said...

Karren, this is a stunner!! I love the blues and greens and that gorgeous glimmer. And your coloring is amazing as always. :)

Dawn T said...

Very pretty Karren. Love the glittery goodness of the paste over the inking. Really lovely card.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow this takes gorgeous to a whole new level! Love that glittery stenciled backdrop!

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow! I have no superlative to describe that background! It's amazing and the poinsettia looks amazing with it!

Amy O said...

Wow! What a gorgeous background, and I love that beautifully colored poinsettia.