Thursday 28 November 2019

Legacy Butterfly

Hi all and welcome to my blog.  Today's card uses the latest sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, where Cecile Ribon is our sketch hostess.  And here is her sketch:


As I mentioned last week, I have joined a group of bereaved mothers who are sending cards to other bereaved mothers just to let them know that we understand, we care and we hurt for them as well as for ourselves.  This is one of the cards I made to send.



As soon as I saw Cecile's wonderful sketch I saw ink smooshing for those squiggly lines and that's exactly what I did.  I white-embossed this beautiful butterfly from the Forever in my Heart stamp set and then used acetate and distress inks to smoosh ink over the embossed area.  Once it was dry, I die-cut it with a stitched die and added the sentiment.  I adhered it to a white card base with foam tape and finished off with some black enamel dots.


The inside, which I didn't photograph, has one of the wonderful sentiments from this set, which is perfect for people who have suffered a great loss, especially those who have lost a child.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards from the rest of the DT.

Products used: 

Stamps:  Forever in our Hearts (Pinkfresh Studio)
Ink:  Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black, Carved Pumpkin, Ripe Persimmon, Fossilized Amber, Mustard Seed Distress Ink
Cardstock:  White
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  White EP, Clear EP (for sentiment), Black Enamel Dots

Karren



9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

So very lovely, Karren!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

So beautiful....

marilyn said...

A truly lovely card that expresses a lot of hope...
Wishing you peace....

Carol Cel said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. This card is lovely. And the sentiments in this stamp set are something I can use right now. My son and daughter in law just found out that their unborn baby will not be able to survive outside the womb. I'll use your inspiration for a card for them. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Karren. The colours are superb.

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely gorgeous ink smooshing for this beautiful butterfly, Karren! The women in your support group are in for a real treat when they see your creations! xx

Narelle Farrugia said...

I loved this card as soon as I saw it in the gallery! That background is amazing!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow, Keren! This white embossed butterfly over the rich colored background makes such a stunning take on the sketch! No doubt, it's the most delicate way to send thoughts to a bereaved mother.

Kim S said...

Such gorgeous colors behind that lovely butterfly!