Friday 1 November 2019

Mermazing

Hi and welcome to the latest challenge at Fusion


I combined both the sketch and the photo for my card.


I created the background panel with Copics before drawing in the seaweed in the background, also with Copics.  I then used London Fog ink to stamp the plants and fish before die-cutting the top and bottom with a curved stitched die.

I adhered that to a white card base and stamped the sentiment on a curve to mimic the die-cut panel.  The mermaid was colored and die-cut with the co-ordinating die and I liberally added clear sparkle pen before adhering her with foam tape.


Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the DT cards and have a go yourself.


Products used:

Stamps:  Mermazing (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It
Dies:  Mermazing (MFT), Stitched Based Edges (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen, Nuvo Glitter Drops (Aquatic Mist)

Cheers
Karren



5 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Wow, you really rocked both challenges! Gorgeous card! I love the bg you created, too.

I Card Everyone said...

No other words will do... mermazing, indeed!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Yep you are mermaxing too! Beautifully done.....I love the ocean you created!

Barb Ghig said...

Your Copic coloring and drawing are truly mind-blowing, Karren! I love how you colored the mermaid's hair and your underwater scene is so COOL! I also love how you curved the sentiment...it's perfect! This is one of my all-time faves of yours...and that's saying something :) Sending hugs, Barb xx

Dawn T said...

Wow Karren. How amazing is this one. Your mermaid is incredible and love your sea. Beautifully done