Thursday 28 May 2020

Rainbow Dots

Hi and welcome to the latest challenge from Freshly Made Sketches where our hostess this week is Cecile Ribon.  And here is Cecile's sketch:


I struggled to come up with anything and ended up with a card I'm not totally happy with, but it is what it is.



In the end I die-cut some dots from a white panel and adhered some embossed strips behind in a rainbow fashion.  I found a bold but plain sentiment for the top and adhered with foam tape to a white card base.


The DT have some really creative takes on the sketch so I hope you'll check them out.

Thanks for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  Celebrate (Neat & Tangled), Tiny Alphabet Background (SSS)
Ink:  Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Red Hot, Persimmon, Daffodil, Sour Apple, Blu Raspberry (MFT)
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT), Medium Dot Line (SSS)
Accessories:  Clear EP

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Jen Brum said...

Oh I love this card Karren! That is such a creative idea! Those dots are just fabulous! Love the pretty colours too!

Barb Ghig said...

This is a very challenging sketch and I think you did an amazing job on your card, Karren! I like that you paired the bold black sentiment with the fun colors of the rainbow for your design...very cool!

Dawn T said...

Lovely design Karren. Love the dots.

Linda Callahan said...

This card made me smile - just fun!

Amy O said...

I love your rainbow of dots! All of these colors make me happy.

Nora Noll said...

Well how cute is this? I LOVE the rainbow dots. I have never seen this die and it is as cute as can be!! This came out fabulous!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I love how you think! Your card is super creative and wonderfully effective!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a clever take on the sketch, Karren! It's amazing how you achieved a gorgeous clean card with these wiggly rectangles! I love this lineup of colorful dots.